PDA

View Full Version : IPOD not IPHONE?

Jwredmon101
07-28-2013, 03:32 PM
Hey guys needing a little advice on what ya'll are using on your boats to hold your Ipod. I have a Ipod 5 and i'm getting a Bluetooth head unit installed next week so I was wondering if anyone used a suction holder in there boat to hold the Ipod on the drivers side glass.I looked on Amazon but i'm not really seeing anything that for 1. A name brand that I know is good.. and 2. Ones that say they will work on a IPOD 5.And one more thing since I mentioned head units..Are Kenwood Bluetooth head units a good one to go with or is there another brand that would help my Xm9s Shine .. Thanks in advance for the reply's.

ian ashton
07-28-2013, 06:11 PM
I don't use Bluetooth on my boat, but my iPhone is usually in the glovebox or on the drivers floor - always in the shade so it doesn't "overheat"

My wife bought me a suction cup holder thing from Amazon for like $5 for when I have rental cars and it works great for holding my iPhone to car windshields.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

N2OGTO
07-28-2013, 07:05 PM
Bluetooth is ok. But to get the clearest signal to really allow the 9's to shine. It needs to go Through the USB port, just from my own experience. preference is through USB

drifter
07-28-2013, 08:00 PM
We use this for our iPhones, but it would hold an iPod as well. You can probably see it in one of my pictures in the July pic topic.

http://amzn.com/B0066BWMNU

Jwredmon101
07-28-2013, 09:38 PM
Is it a noticeable difference in the sound quality of the music. Or is it something only a enthusiast would happen to notice. Of course I will be playing music at a high level of sound so that every boat can enjoy my music through a 8 min "No Wake" zone into the main channel. My Aeware controller is not responsive enough with the volume when I need to cut the music quick .. And my wife's not the most reliable DJ if you know what I mean.

ian ashton
07-28-2013, 09:51 PM
Bluetooth streaming in both of my cars sucks, so I'd guess its as bad in a boat.

bergermaister
07-29-2013, 01:26 AM
I'd compare the bluetooth connection to a 'good' FM station. It's good, but not great.

Average Joes may not be able to tell the difference but in Your boat You probably will.

zabooda
07-29-2013, 02:56 AM
I was hearing the same thing about bluetooth. The connectivity is about 20 feet and tried it with my Bose speaker system and wind even affected the connection. The system sounds real nice but they don't go very far. The controlling the Ipod on the beach to your head unit may be stretching it for bluetooth.

bergermaister
07-29-2013, 09:35 AM
I'm still waiting to fully test distance. I have a Clarion M303 HU with the Parrot BT, and Iphone4. At the house I was getting about 30ft away before it started cutting out but I was also starting to go around a corner. I'm thinking if it were more of a straight shot and slightly above the boat going up the elevation of the beach the distance may be further. The beach control would definitely be cool as long as I don't leave the phone in my pocket and hit the water...

mikenehrkorn
07-29-2013, 10:24 AM
The beach control would definitely be cool as long as I don't leave the phone in my pocket and hit the water...

There's even a solution for that -- get the Lifeproof case for the iPhone that is waterproof and it even has an optional "life jacket"!!! :)