PDA

View Full Version : Prop change

LSV04
02-02-2006, 08:50 PM
I heard if you change your prop say from 13.5 x 17.5 to 13.5 x 15 the higher RPM's will save gas and get the boat out of the hole. (not for top speed) it will save on gas. Anyone try this? and is it a do it yourself job.

05mobiusxlv
02-02-2006, 10:01 PM
Their was some good discussion about this not to long ago.

http://www.moomba.com/bb/viewtopic.php?t=2299

Like I said in that post, I have a 13 pitch by 15.5. Moomba calls it the upgraded wakeboard/altitude prop. Then I tried the standard 13.7 pitch by 17.5. You will love the hole shot with the wakeboard prop. The difference is amazing. The fuel you save will be worth it. I think my top speed with the wakeboard prop is about 37mph. So you will loose some top end speed. Just make sure you watch your RPM's and don't rev it to high. You can do it yourself if you have a prop puller.

Hope that Helped

Jon
02-02-2006, 10:04 PM
The lower pitched prop will definitely get you out of the hole faster. I think in the long run it does save on gas. I change props all of the time. Sometimes you will find one that is on the shaft pretty good. Go to your local dealer and ask to borrow their prop puller. I'm sure they'd have no problem with it. Unscrew the nut and take out the cotter pin and pop off the old prop. Lube up the new prop and shaft with vaseline and slide the new one on. Use a wrench to tighten the nut and put the cotter pin back in. After that you're set to go.

LSV04
02-10-2006, 07:56 PM
Thanks for the info. we use the boat for wakeboarding-I'll get the CNC wakeboard prop .
Where did you get it? what is CNC? installation sounds real easy. thanks again.

05mobiusxlv
02-11-2006, 12:21 AM
I got mine from Skiers Choice, I had my dealer order it. It was $475. If you find one cheaper, let me know, because I need a spare. Thanks