PDA

View Full Version : Wakeboard Racks Messed Up

Hunter92
07-24-2013, 10:13 PM
The wakeboard racks we have on our newly purchased moomba mojo 2.5 keep
Swinging open and hitting people in the back of the head with the wakeboards.
Any advice on why this is happening?

brain_rinse
07-24-2013, 11:10 PM
New boat so I'd get it to your dealer and let them troubleshoot any/all issues you are having.

ajqajq
07-25-2013, 01:31 AM
The same thing has happened to us on our 2013 Mobius. My dealer said they've already had several complaints. And, there was another thread on here a while back with other people who had the same problem.

It looks like it's a design defect in the racks. The pin doesn't set in place well and vibration can force the pin up. Then, the rack unlocks and swivels around hitting you passenger in the head.

If I were Moomba, this is something I'd fix quickly. It seems like a lawsuit waiting to happen.

Hunter92
07-25-2013, 03:23 PM
Yes, it has hit 3 of my passengers and literally almost knocked them out. I was just wondering if there was any way to fix it because I don't want it to keep happening. Thank you for letting me know that though.

PowderRide
07-25-2013, 04:26 PM
Add me to the list of the phantom swiveling of the racks. Happens at 25+ mph with 2 boards in them

Sharpshooter
07-25-2013, 04:46 PM
Damn, I guess I got the good racks,because mine is an act of congress to pull the pin up and swivel

wolfeman131
07-25-2013, 04:47 PM
make sure the pins are engaging when the rack is rotated back out of the boat. I took mine apart and sanded some of the chrome plating off of the pin to ensure that it slid easier and engaged the depressions fully to lock in place.

There are also some small allen head set screws that you can tighten on the bottom to help with the amount of force it takes to swing the rack.

tnbrooks01
07-25-2013, 10:35 PM
I also put a little but of Marvel Mystery oil down in the pins on mine. Helps the pins release much easier but also allows the pin to fully engage to secure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NateHaskovec
07-26-2013, 11:23 AM
Tighten the center Allen screw on the bottom of the swivel. Fixed mine.

trmaggie98
07-26-2013, 02:23 PM
I noticed that all the Allen screws on. My rack on my 13 are coming loose.

Hunter92
07-29-2013, 11:00 AM
I figured out the problem and how to fix it. I took the rack apart and drilled a little bit wider of a hole so the pin will go down farther and I also tightened the Allen screws on the bottom. It's fixed so far.

Salyers
07-29-2013, 12:06 PM
I noticed that all the Allen screws on. My rack on my 13 are coming loose.

A little loctite should fix that problem.

wolfeman131
07-30-2013, 09:50 AM
I figured out the problem and how to fix it. I took the rack apart and drilled a little bit wider of a hole so the pin will go down farther and I also tightened the Allen screws on the bottom. It's fixed so far.

This is correct! The detent depth doesn't appear to be great enough for the plunger pin to properly engage and "lock" the rack in place. For those with 2013 model swivel racks, look at the pin when it is seated/locked and if there is more than a 1/8" gap, contact your dealer and use caution until fixed.

ian ashton
08-02-2013, 09:02 PM
http://www.scdealerconnect.com/service-education/service-bulletin-moomba-swivel-wakeboard-racks

NateHaskovec
08-03-2013, 12:11 AM
http://www.scdealerconnect.com/service-education/service-bulletin-moomba-swivel-wakeboard-racks

Kind of frustrating. I mentioned this a year ago when I noticed it on my (one of the very first) 2013 LSV.

After a brief chat with the manufacturer about the problem and him shifting the blame to my dealer, I fixed mine myself.

I know SC would have fixed it immediately, but the manufacturer of the part knew it was a problem at least 10 months ago.