PDA

View Full Version : Condensation while covered

Sharpshooter
07-24-2013, 12:44 PM
What are some of the ways being used to keep condensation from collecting in your boat while covered,I keep a box fan running in mine with a couple of the rid a dampness boxes inside

loudsubz
07-24-2013, 06:55 PM
flow through from the outside, if it means lifting a corner or rigging something to expel the moist air...

Sharpshooter
07-24-2013, 08:40 PM
My moomba cover is vented,so it works pretty good so far, plus I leave all the seats out and the motor and locker lids open a little

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Kma4444
07-25-2013, 04:07 PM
We keep our 242 in the shop, covered, with a little fan designed for a baby's room, "Fisher Price" if I'm not mistaken :rolleyes: and then a dehumidiier running on max dry setting with a drain tube running out through the center drain plug hole and into a reservoir that has yet another drain tube running outside the shop. WHEW sounds complicated, it isn't really and with the humidity we have here I know of no better way to keep it dry inside.

Sharpshooter
07-25-2013, 04:37 PM
I didnt think of adding the dehumidifier,may have to add one

kaneboats
07-29-2013, 11:01 AM
It is about 95 in my garage so I pull out all the cushions to let air flow and put a fan and a little blower in the ski lockers. Usually dry in a day but I let it blow for 3 days.