PDA

View Full Version : ideal pocket length, height/shape and speed for skim board and spins?

spyder
07-23-2013, 04:04 PM
trying everything to get a real good wake dialed in on my LSV.

i get a decent pocket

about knee to mid-thigh height and maybe 2-3 feet in length..

trying to play with speed that would allow me to spin and keep up with the boat... or atleast increase the pocket to allow me to regain speed after the spin.

what I usually do for a configuration is in my signature, but i'll post below..

Ballast: 750 Surfside locker, 400 Surfside mid boat, 400 Gravity I, 400 Bow
Surfboards: Inland Surfer Red Woody, Triple X Composite X 58"

speed about 10.5 - 11mph

what should i do overall to improve the pocket? suggestions?

kaneboats
07-29-2013, 10:33 AM
I think you should put the wakeplate all the way up and slow down about .5 mph. Adjust from there. You gotta be pretty close.

spyder
07-29-2013, 10:44 AM
this is about how close i can get

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ruB2b1ws9e4

i bury the nose a few times in this video, but i can almost always spin it without burying the nose now.. i just can't figure out how to spot and spin and keep the speed.

kaneboats
07-29-2013, 10:49 AM
Well, that's farther than I'm getting. I don't run as much weight but probably have more people in the boat than you do.

spyder
07-29-2013, 10:51 AM
Well, that's farther than I'm getting. I don't run as much weight but probably have more people in the boat than you do.

i think this year i'm riding with too little weight up front, and it's setting me back.. pocket feels shorter this year... going to make sure i get the front weighted properly this weekend and see the results.

parrothd
07-29-2013, 12:14 PM
this is about how close i can get

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ruB2b1ws9e4

i bury the nose a few times in this video, but i can almost always spin it without burying the nose now.. i just can't figure out how to spot and spin and keep the speed.

Looks like we have the same problem, I need a reference point to know when to stop the spin....

spyder
07-29-2013, 01:13 PM
Looks like we have the same problem, I need a reference point to know when to stop the spin....

I can't seem to stop it until its too late. Not sure really, it all just happens too fast

bergermaister
07-29-2013, 01:28 PM
I say just go for the 540 and blow everyone away...!

I'm with you. Last weekend my best attempts ended up me standing tall at the end and/or overspinning.