PDA

View Full Version : How to buy new upholstery skins?

Rusten
02-01-2006, 04:41 PM
Is there a way to order upholstery skins from Moomba, to replace skins that have been damaged? If I can't buy from Moomba, is there an alternative to "your closest Moomba dealer" with whom I've never had good luck (or a call back for that matter)?

Thank you in advance,
Rusten

qb12
02-01-2006, 04:55 PM
Kind of depends on how old your boat is.

If it is not to old you can either check with your dealer or contact anthony cooper at skier's choice and he should be able to fix you up.

However, word up, not $$$$$ cheap

Buttafewcoe
02-02-2006, 01:24 PM
Any good uphostery shop should be able to do the job. If you know of an auto upholster shop, they may be able to help.
Actually, it's not that hard to d.i.y....I found some marine grade material for my Bayliner. Armed with a staple gun and a few brews, I had a somewhat satisfying go of it.
Hope this helps
B

zabooda
02-02-2006, 08:30 PM
I had some panels replaced on some of my seats and it's nearly an exact match and much better fabric.

Rusten
03-03-2006, 02:19 AM
To Buttafewcoe -- thank you for the confidence booster -- I may give that a try if the upholstery companies are so busy I can't get a decent quote (which seems to be the case so far).

To Zabooda -- What type of fabric did you use that turned out to be good, and can you tell me where you purchased it?

Thanks you again for your suggestions!
-Rusten

zabooda
03-06-2006, 06:38 PM
The place is Heard's Upholstery and they have always done a great job of matching fabric. I couldn't tell you what they use as I drop the sections off and pick it up later. They just eyeball it to get the match. I did the top section of my rear seat and the top section of the observers seat on my 98 Mobius. Some years ago, they reupholstered my 1979 Glastron Carlson that was much more difficult to match. They know where to look for fabric and for around here the price was right.

(509) 786-3133
Heard's Upholstery 1311 Bennett Av
Prosser, WA 99350 - 1446