PDA

View Full Version : Perfect Pass cable

Jayrodau
07-15-2013, 11:32 PM
My perfect pass servo motor needs replacing, but I also want to replace the cable attached to it. I'm guess this is the throttle cable? How hard is it to replace the cable? Want to ask before I ordered everything. Thanks.

BensonWdby
07-16-2013, 07:33 AM
Well if you are replacing the servo and the cable - I would think it would be as a single unit. Basically PP without the gauge? Or do you plan to keep the original wiring harness? I have never removed a cable from the servo - but the linkage at the carb/throttle is no big deal - a little finicky - but not difficult.

bergermaister
07-16-2013, 11:22 AM
You talking the little cable that attaches to the PP servo or the entire throttle cable from up at the helm back?

parrothd
07-16-2013, 12:21 PM
My perfect pass servo motor needs replacing, but I also want to replace the cable attached to it. I'm guess this is the throttle cable? How hard is it to replace the cable? Want to ask before I ordered everything. Thanks.

Why are you replacing the servo? You can service it, just need to remove the 4 screws and clean all the rust out.... :)

Jayrodau
07-16-2013, 03:05 PM
You talking the little cable that attaches to the PP servo or the entire throttle cable from up at the helm back?

Cable that attaches to the PP servo. Have you done this before?

Jayrodau
07-16-2013, 03:06 PM
Why are you replacing the servo? You can service it, just need to remove the 4 screws and clean all the rust out.... :)

I wish it was that simple.

bergermaister
07-16-2013, 04:15 PM
Cable that attaches to the PP servo. Have you done this before?

That's why I was asking. When I ordered mine they sent me 2 cables to try out, one longer than the other. Swapping them was quite easy. I probably still have the instructions if needed. In fact, I believe I may still have the cable I didn't use floating around somewhere. I asked PP if they wanted me to ship it back and they said to just keep it.

If I get the chance I'll measure it tonight. If it will fit - you can have it.