PDA

View Full Version : Ballast timer issues

E4NASH
07-15-2013, 01:05 PM
The last few times we've been out I've had some problems with the ballast timers. I have the rears set to 11 mins and the front set to 930. The front pump fills both the center and the IBS.

The problem that I am having is I can fill up all the bags that I need to fine and the levels will reach whatever they need to be whether it be 100% 75% or whatever. We'll surf or whatever and then when I look at the fill levels they'll be registering much less than they were previously and no water has been drained and the pumps haven't been on. Yesterday for example the left pump was 92% the front was about 66% and the right was 36%. Went to drain them and the right pump drained fine but half way through the front and left stopped and registered 0% when there was easily 50-75% still left in the bags. I had to drain them (1100 and 400#s) in 30 sec increments. Has anyone ever had this problem before or know of a resolution?

wolfeman131
07-15-2013, 01:23 PM
sounds like something is off with the control module. you didn't get it wet, did you?

E4NASH
07-15-2013, 10:25 PM
sounds like something is off with the control module. you didn't get it wet, did you?

You're kidding right? It's a boat...

Nothing has gotten wet that wouldn't normally get wet while using a boat...outside...in water :cool:

wolfeman131
07-16-2013, 06:03 AM
Yes, I'm kidding. I've asked SC to respond to this one.

Jon
07-16-2013, 10:36 AM
E4Nash,

I forgot to say something about this when we were talking yesterday. Try doing a hard reset on your ballast PDM. Disconnect both the power and ground from the PDM and let it sit for about 10 minutes, then reconnect. Hopefully this fixes your issues. If not, send me an email.

E4NASH
07-16-2013, 11:43 AM
Thanks Jon will do...now where is the PDM for the ballast located in my boat? :-)

Jon
07-16-2013, 01:08 PM
Port side rear locker. Pumps and Pdm are mounted on a board behind the carpeted panel towards the transom.

E4NASH
07-16-2013, 04:40 PM
Port side rear locker. Pumps and Pdm are mounted on a board behind the carpeted panel towards the transom.

So that's what the black box above the pumps is...gotcha thanks!

WHMOJO
07-22-2013, 11:48 PM
Is the hard reset working for you guys?
I get the pumps cutting out on both fill and drain. I also have the pumps not filling OR draining in accordance with the % on the screen (when they don't cut out). I went to fill the center tank once and at 10% it was coming out the vent.... once, while on the lift and gauge at 0%, I hit drain and listened to water spill out for a few minutes..

If the hard reset is working i will give it a try,but where is it on the 2012 Mojo? (Why wouldn't it reset each time i switch my batteries to the off position?)

Thanks,

E4NASH
07-23-2013, 05:05 AM
I haven't been able to do the reset yet...was going to do it this past Saturday but work got in the way. Hopefully I'll get to it this week sometime.