PDA

View Full Version : SeaDek instead of Carpet

Mike G
07-08-2013, 08:13 PM
Has anyone replaced the carpet on the floor with SeaDek? It is about time to replace my carpet and the thought had crossed my mind to take this on. Not sure of the pro's and cons on it so thought I would see if anyone has attempted it.

parrothd
07-08-2013, 08:29 PM
Hydroturf.. Not sure why these boats have carpet, I plan to replace mine, they have laser cut sheets for jet boats ( my old boats) however they don't for other boats.. :(

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

wolfeman131
07-08-2013, 09:35 PM
I was in a Centurion that had a custom SeaDek pad covering the floor. Seemed pretty cool until he told me what it cost.

Do you want something that adheres to the floor or is removable?

wolfeman131
07-09-2013, 09:06 AM
here is link to his post

https://forum.moomba.com/showthread.php?18615-Getting-Lazy&highlight=gator+grip

moombahighrider
07-09-2013, 09:10 AM
Wolfe, what happened to that product you were talking about (I think it was you, before the mojo?) that was going to be custom cut to the lsv floor and could be removable?

kaneboats
07-09-2013, 09:14 AM
Yea, I was thinking about that the other day. I think he got a new Mojo and let that one go to the back burner.

wolfeman131
07-09-2013, 09:27 AM
I got a new job and it went to the back burner. But, I'm certain that I can get it going again if there is interest.

Mike G
07-09-2013, 10:15 AM
My first thought is something removable and I would only replace the carpet that is visible. I was thinking about just keeping the carpet in the storage areas since they are not worn. I guess the cost is another deciding factor so I am going to look into the Hydroturf that parrothd mentioned above.

kaneboats
07-09-2013, 10:32 AM
Looks like I volunteered to make a template for an LSV replacement. We'll see how it goes.

Lake Bound
07-09-2013, 10:58 AM
I am in the same boat with my Outback LS needing new carpet and my wife not wanting carpet back in the boat. I do have one question for those of you that have changed the carpet out, do you cut it out only where you can get to it and then relay it in? Not sure how I could get it out where it goes up the sides. Looking forward to seeing more suggestions in this post.

Jon J
07-09-2013, 11:28 AM
I have an 07 Mobius LS and put a custom SeaDeck pad on the platform. I LOVE IT and would love to replace all the exposed floor carpet with SeaDeck. I've been thinking about it for awile....the floor isn't finished (gel coated) under that carpet so SeaDeck would have to run edge to edge perfectly.....I think. I've been searching posts her for two years looking to see if anybody has done it first. I see that SeaDeck sells a template kit for $15 (that is refundable when you order). Wonder if it's worth a shot??

Has anybody ever replaced the glue down carpet with snap in? Again with unfinished floor under the carpet the snap in would need to be oversized to hide everything. Trouble spots would be in the front ski locker (ballast) compartment.

motosno963
07-09-2013, 05:16 PM
if you wanted to, and had the money, couldnt you pull the carpet and gel coat the floor? then lay some seadek or gator grip?..my gray carpet is getting disgusting and people are always spilling chips or liquids on the floor and its getting bad. i almost flipped on a buddy for spilling his dip can on the carpet. i think if its easy enough i can get the stuff and get my one buddy and his dad to help gel coat the floor and maybe to a custom snap in carpet or seadek. but thats if i decide to keep my outback for another year or two.

parrothd
07-09-2013, 05:27 PM
You should really look at hydroturff, cheaper, more comfortable, more colors, many pattern types..... :)

http://hydroturf.com/pwc_matcolors.php

moombadaze
07-09-2013, 05:36 PM
what about a snap in hydroturf ??? wonder if that would be possible

bergermaister
07-09-2013, 06:24 PM
https://forum.moomba.com/showthread.php?14746-New-Carpet-Install&p=139394#post139394

You may change your mind once you pull it up and see what's underneath - depending on the year/hull.

motosno963
07-09-2013, 07:55 PM
https://forum.moomba.com/showthread.php?14746-New-Carpet-Install&p=139394#post139394

You may change your mind once you pull it up and see what's underneath - depending on the year/hull.
i wish the pics still worked

parrothd
07-09-2013, 08:55 PM
Why would you want to remove hydroturf..? Just use the hose or power washers to clean it.. :)

moombadaze
07-09-2013, 09:29 PM
Why would you want to remove hydroturf..? Just use the hose or power washers to clean it.. :)

use the hydroturf for normal outings to help keep the carpet in better shape for later on, that logo carpet is not cheap

parrothd
07-09-2013, 09:51 PM
Oh.. Usually you glue or has sticky backing to hold it in place otherwise it would slide and flop around..