PDA

View Full Version : my truck...

motosno963
07-05-2013, 04:05 PM
so last night after work i ran across a GMC duramax. So this morning i go and look at it with a buddy and its what i have been looking for for the past few years, its a 2007 duramax 4 door leather heated seats, sunroof,short bed, 130k miles and in my price range. i take it for a test drive and im in love. we go back and start filling out the paperwork to tade in my truck( its paid off ) guy comes back like 5 mins later and said someone put a deposit down on the truck. ( apperently while we were test driving it)..im mad, so i tell them ok keep me informed just incase the finance falls through, now this was at noon, i go back home and get ready for work, i drive by the truck again since its on my way to work and there it sits in the lot where i first saw it, no sold tag or anything.. so im mad, i dont know if they were blowing smoke up my azz or they are telling the truth. i just hope it fall through and i can go back and pick it up. i plan on stopping back by tomorrow.

Cigars n scotch
07-09-2013, 01:06 PM
so last night after work i ran across a GMC duramax. So this morning i go and look at it with a buddy and its what i have been looking for for the past few years, its a 2007 duramax 4 door leather heated seats, sunroof,short bed, 130k miles and in my price range. i take it for a test drive and im in love. we go back and start filling out the paperwork to tade in my truck( its paid off ) guy comes back like 5 mins later and said someone put a deposit down on the truck. ( apperently while we were test driving it)..im mad, so i tell them ok keep me informed just incase the finance falls through, now this was at noon, i go back home and get ready for work, i drive by the truck again since its on my way to work and there it sits in the lot where i first saw it, no sold tag or anything.. so im mad, i dont know if they were blowing smoke up my azz or they are telling the truth. i just hope it fall through and i can go back and pick it up. i plan on stopping back by tomorrow.

I had this happen to me once when looking at a Nissan Maxima years ago. They pulled the same BS on me except what they did was more f'ed up because the dealer I was at never put a tag on it while I was negotiating the deal and another agent took a deposit on it. I walked right out of the place and never returned.

Maybe your story will turn out better.

kaneboats
07-09-2013, 01:13 PM
Remember: Treat car dealers the way they treat you! Make simultaneous deals with 5 of them and then back out of the other 4 at the last second. It's OK to tell them anything you want. You do not have to treat them like human beings. They made these rules, not me.

jpetty3023
07-09-2013, 01:29 PM
update on how this turned out?

Sent from this thing called tapatalk 2

motosno963
07-09-2013, 04:24 PM
its gone..we were thinking they might have held it for a friend or something..i told him hes got till thursday to find me a 4 door 06-07 duramax loaded or im going to this other dealer thats 4 hours away that has the same truck but white with less miles and cost less.

moombadaze
07-09-2013, 05:29 PM
dealer thats 4 hours away that has the same truck but white with less miles and cost less.

sounds like a good road trip then

motosno963
07-10-2013, 06:59 PM
was taking and i sent the vin and pics of my truck and said he will be off till wed. and can get prices. today he said the guy who does the values for trade-in's is off for the day..then a few hours later he tell me the trucks sold

patrick232
07-13-2013, 06:47 AM
Would you be interested in a 2006 Duramax Crew Cab, loaded with leather, sunroof, DVD, ARE lid. Its gray with dark gray leather mileage is 180,000. Interior is a 9 only issue its armrest. Outside has dent in front and rear bumpers couple other little things.

motosno963
07-15-2013, 12:11 PM
with the high miles how are the injectors and cp3?..and whats the 8th letter in the vin?

wolfeman131
07-15-2013, 01:29 PM
whats the 8th letter in the vin?

and, here is where a thread will go completely off track as at least 26 of us idiots attempt a guess.

I'm going to say the 8th letter is "Y"

kaneboats
07-15-2013, 01:33 PM
I'm going with "theta".

New Guy
07-15-2013, 01:41 PM
http://service.gm.com/dealerworld/vincards/

KG's Supra24
07-15-2013, 01:46 PM
The 2004.5- 2006.5 model year Duramax 6600 is an LLY, and the vehicle will have a number 2 (number two) as the eighth digit of the VIN. Injectors and injector fuel return lines are outside the valve covers.

The 2006.5-2007 model year Duramax 6600 is an LBZ, and the vehicle will have a letter D as the eighth digit of the VIN. The LBZ virtually identical to the earlier LLY, and in-fact, the latest LLY engines are said to be the same as the LBZ, except for power/torque rating, ECM & programming and emissions certification.

Looks like we are rooting for a "D".

motosno963
07-15-2013, 04:02 PM
damn right im looking for the LBZ lol..i have been doing some research haha..i want an lbz crew cab (ccsb)with leather heated seats ohh and 4 wheel drive haha my buddy who works on and drives a dmax told me that with the lbz, if i put a fass fuel air sep. on it and a EFI Live tune she can push 500hp..i think that might be a little off but its still nott that bad. but if i cant find the truck i want for the price then i might just upgrade to the mondo and wait a little longer..whatever comes first haha

viking
07-22-2013, 03:44 PM
damn right im looking for the LBZ lol..i have been doing some research haha..i want an lbz crew cab (ccsb)with leather heated seats ohh and 4 wheel drive haha my buddy who works on and drives a dmax told me that with the lbz, if i put a fass fuel air sep. on it and a EFI Live tune she can push 500hp..i think that might be a little off but its still nott that bad. but if i cant find the truck i want for the price then i might just upgrade to the mondo and wait a little longer..whatever comes first haha

YUP............It's the CHIT!!
Running EFI LIVE DSP5 and the ADII instead of Fass. She scoots...................
Depends on emission testing and where you live but I deleted the cat too and did a 4in downpipe and 5in exhaust. I love hearing that turbo whistle :) cheers!

moombadaze
07-22-2013, 05:42 PM
we took in a lbz crewmax 4x4 about 2 years ago on tradein, been mad ever since that i didnt grab it then, was low milage and clean

patrick232
07-28-2013, 10:15 PM
with the high miles how are the injectors and cp3?..and whats the 8th letter in the vin?

Pm sent, send me your email

motosno963
08-01-2013, 02:22 AM
YUP............It's the CHIT!!
Running EFI LIVE DSP5 and the ADII instead of Fass. She scoots...................
Depends on emission testing and where you live but I deleted the cat too and did a 4in downpipe and 5in exhaust. I love hearing that turbo whistle :) cheers!well living in NY they do inspections, my buddy does them and i think i might be able to pull the cats as long as i dont throw a code..idk yet