PDA

View Full Version : northwest reunion

tygger6069
01-30-2006, 12:23 AM
hello everyone,

just wondering if anyone would be interested in getting a reunion togehter in the northwest region? possibly sometime in August.

thanks,
Tygger

Nafplio
01-30-2006, 12:44 AM
Sure, I'm in. Where?

Nafplio
01-31-2006, 02:07 PM
Tygger,
I don't see much interest but I thought I'd give it a bump. The majority of boat owners here have either I/O's or fishing boats. I think there are only 3 moombas in my town.
Where are you located? I have family in Coeur' d Alene. Also, a couple good friends from my Navy days, one in Tri-cities and one in Seattle area. I'd be up for a trip. if all else fails, I guess we could join the big party in Havasu.

zabooda
01-31-2006, 04:27 PM
I'm down in the Tri-Cities but I usually never commit to anything as I take off boating and camping when the weather looks just right. I usually go to Lake Roosevelt.

csaj4506
01-31-2006, 11:57 PM
Call it a Moomba.
MOOMBA:~ an aboriginal word meaning 'let's get together and have a good time!'

tygger6069
02-01-2006, 01:23 AM
I'm thinking the 2nd or 3rd weekend in August on Lake Couer d'Alene. I'm waiting to hear on some information that will solidify things. Nafplio, sounds like you'd be able to do some visiting!

JoeTechie
02-01-2006, 12:37 PM
Damn! Ed stole my thunder.. I like telling that story.

The name has stretched as of recent use though. "Tribal Gathering" was the old use 'friendly' term.

The story has a more personal chapter... A elder Aboriginal was actually asked what to call the festival, and since it was being held in conflict with an Aboriginal holly day the tribal elder may have taken this chance to undermine the festival and show his lack of pleasure for the interferance... but only to those who understood.

-J

Nafplio
02-01-2006, 11:50 PM
Funny story. Cool when the little guy wins. I was beginning to wonder if I was the only one looking for what "moomba" meant.
I'm good for either weekend in August. Also, I'm really interested in wakesurfing. Ed, how do we get SC to sponsor it?

Smrtz
02-02-2006, 01:20 AM
there is a full 2 page spread of some Native Austrailian guys hangin out talkin about the meaning of moomba in this moths wakeboard mag....killer ad!

Lpfeil
02-05-2006, 04:41 PM
tygger6069,

You need to read the Posting from SCMARKETING RE: owners reunions.

Larry

future
02-07-2006, 10:21 PM
I'm down where ya leanin towards?

tygger6069
02-10-2006, 12:37 AM
Hello again,

Just a quick update on the Northwest get together, trying to get it going for the second or third weekend in August. Places that are being considered are Lake Cour d' Alene, Idaho or Lake Roosevelt, Washington. As we get more info we will try to post
every thing so that everyone can make the arraingments if they want to attend.

Hope that this helps. Hope to see a lot of boats this year.

Andy