PDA

View Full Version : new boat purchase

nabisco
01-27-2006, 08:39 PM
hey everyone,

I went to the boat show today and put a deposit on a 2005 moomba outback.
yellow, with freshwater flush and bimimi top, 310 hp engine, cover, trailor, rad-a-cage tower. etc

out the door everything for 29k including taxes and title.....

what do you guys/girls think? I am test driving it next weekend

how good are these boats in the bay? I live in tampa, so I will be using it in fresh and
salt water

thanks for your advice everyone, I just love this boat ;)

01-27-2006, 10:23 PM
Get a flush kit installed. They will know what that is. Get Perfectpass. Have fun.

Heat wave here in Ohio, 50 deg. I am so ready to hit the water.

smokedog2
01-28-2006, 12:52 AM
Like I said before I realized I was not logged in, get the flush system option.

you can get perfect pass now, or yell at your wife/girl friend for a season first.

Good Night,

SD2

smokedog2
01-28-2006, 12:54 AM
Did I say flush kit, what you already have, scratch that, get the wake plate. I like that too.

SD2

marchina
01-28-2006, 01:06 AM
I have a mobius lsv 2005, i use it on salt water, i have the salt water pakage and still have LOTS OF CORROTION, aluminun got it too, every single pieze of metal have salt arround it, after each use y wash the boat with salt-a-way; boat it's fine but next to one same hrs. same year but used in fresh water looks like 2 year older. trailer is the most afected is dying from the inside lots of corrotion, my sugestion to you, DON'T USE IT ON SALT WATER IF YOU HAVE THE OPTION NOT TO

simon

nabisco
01-28-2006, 08:44 AM
how does the price sound?

plus it has a full 3 year warranty too

this is my first boat, we have 3 boys who are really into skateboarding and want to try and do wake boarding, knee boarding.. etc

any more advice from you guys?

Ian Brantford
01-28-2006, 10:39 AM
See my discussion of lots of options in this thread:

http://www.moomba.com/bb/viewtopic.php?t=1831

Mine is an XLV model, but I believe that most options are the same except for ballast.

SD2 is quite right about the Perfect Pass. You will end up getting it, so you might as well order it now. In my thread above, I noted that many items are really essential, and are only listed as options in order to keep the base price down. Don't worry, you chose the correct brand of boat; it's just not quite as cheap as the base price indicates.

In addition to wakeboarding and kneeboarding, your kids might also want to try a wakeskate. It is a direct analogue to a skateboard (you aren't fastened to it). It tends to make the rider a better wakeboarder, because it forces the learning of fine-tuned balance. However, it is a bit easier to start with the wakeboard first.

The kneeboard is probably the easiest one to learn, if you already know the right technique. Helmets are mandatory for all these things -- even with the innocuous-looking kneeboard. I have had a couple of people fall off a kneeboard, resurface, and find that the board followed them after the fall and hit them in the head!

Ian

nabisco
01-29-2006, 10:39 AM
Do you guys not like anything about these boats?

I guess they dont do to well in the saltwater?

qb12
01-29-2006, 10:56 AM
nabisco, i had a 02 yellow outback and it was a great boat. i don't think i would spend this kind of money and use it in saltwater.

but as sd2 said get the pp and also go ahead and get the wakeboard racks.

db, t-town

smokedog2
01-29-2006, 01:09 PM
Nab,

Ya gotta remember you’re the 417th guy to ask about a couple options and price. The specific boat is important. V vs DD is a huge difference. I would guess you are DD or you stole it. Trailer options are also important on price. Boat shows are generally the best deals of the year. I doubt you are getting the best deal in the USA, or getting gutted like a fish. As I have posted many times, the dealer is more important that the deal.

We love our boats but I have no clue on salt water or ocean capabilities. Most of us do not boat salt water. These are not rough water boats, although I have never really had a problem. That said, I have been on the ocean sailing in interesting weather. These boats do not belong afloat in interesting weather.

My wife and I go round and round on ocean living. I simple do not want to watch everything I own rust. That includes my boat. If you use it in salt water it will rust anyplace there is metal including the trailer. You can rinse & wash and stall it, but it will rust IMHO.

SD2

01-29-2006, 11:04 PM
did you buy from land of lakes? They had a yellow 05 in ocala for the past few months but it was recently pulled.

01-29-2006, 11:05 PM
did you buy from land of lakes? They had a yellow 05 in ocala for the past few months but it was recently pulled.