PDA

View Full Version : Plans for the 4th of July?????? Far away or close to home? Get wet or stay dry?

kaneboats
06-25-2013, 10:53 AM
Anyone have great big plans for the 4th of July weekend? Do you hit the water early and then get the heck off there before it gets crazy? Or do you stay out all day and watch the fireworks from the water? Are you going out of town? Camping out? Or doing something totally different? Share your plans and answer the poll question. Happy Independence Day to all!

E4NASH
06-25-2013, 10:58 AM
We will be going out all day and watching the fireworks from the boat...NOT in sunset cove! Then that weekend we are headed for a week in Panama City Beach! FINALLY a vacation!

wolff supra21v
06-25-2013, 11:05 AM
friend has a privite lake on 100 acres two and half hours from my house. No one was going to use it over the 4th so my family and frends are going to go out there from Wednesday to Sunday. Nothing but camping, boating, and 4-wheeler riding.
it will be great mile long strip mine lake all to ourselfs for the holiday.

KG's Supra24
06-25-2013, 11:17 AM
We are working on a house remodel and if I'm not in it by the 4th I'm going to flip out. Original plan was by Memorial! I'm loosing summer fast. Vent over ...

Soooo ... WHEN we are in the house by the 4th ... we will probably hit the water in the morning, hang out, and then watch a firework show by boat one evening. I know one of our firework shows is always on the 4th. I'm hoping to catch a weekend one.

kaneboats
06-25-2013, 11:23 AM
Hope it all gets done. Share your pics when it is.

Boatdrinks797
06-25-2013, 11:25 AM
My favorite time of year...10 days at the cabin and the forecast is looking top shelf!

jpetty3023
06-25-2013, 11:35 AM
here's a toast to KG being moved in by the 4th!!🍻🎉

Sent from this thing called tapatalk 2

sandm
06-25-2013, 01:04 PM
Then that weekend we are headed for a week in Panama City Beach!

loved that place, but if you go out into the bay to snorkel, don't forget your diving flag :) we learned the hard way..

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e194/sandm01/100_2537.jpg[/URL]

kaneboats
06-25-2013, 01:07 PM
Forget the flag-- our state needs the $$$$. And be sure to speed down 231 too.

New Guy
06-25-2013, 01:16 PM
Hitting up the water on the 4th then heading up to a 1000 acre private lake Friday till Monday to get some riding in.

wolfeman131
06-25-2013, 01:21 PM
We have friends from OH driving their motorcoach down for some fun times at the lake over the long weekend. We're going to drop some coin on fireworks and shoot them off the neighbor's dock and towards the new Centurion across the cove.

E4NASH
06-25-2013, 04:27 PM
So you can mess up their dock instead of yours...NICE Drew! :cool:

NCSUmoomba
06-25-2013, 04:28 PM
Me and some of the crew are headed to Smith Mountain Lake for the weekend. We have never been up there. I'm sure it will be really busy, so we are hoping to get up early and ride and then just chill the rest of the day. The Outback won't be going with us, we're going to the slumming it on my buddies new 2013 Tige Z3!

moombadaze
06-25-2013, 04:43 PM
no idea what were going to be doing, friends are going to the lake and we might hitch a ride with them or just stay home and soak in the pool, either way there will a couple cold ones consumed.

bergermaister
06-25-2013, 05:44 PM
Hit the water early on my Moomba/Supra then home to chill in a folding chair.

That is IF I have a boat and back together by then...

Across the street and 2 houses in to the cul-de-sac a few of the neighbors go in on a truckload of fireworks (literally a truck delivers a few pallets). So around dusk we make our way over there with a chair and a few cold ones and watch them blow the @#$%& out of everything. Kind of a neighborhood block party really.

The hundy I usually drop at the local stand for my kids to shoot off is hardly noticed by comparison.

jmvotto
06-25-2013, 09:26 PM
Going to the lake house, just hang out BBQ and watch all the Wally's , too much traffic to board or surf.
Watch the cove fireworks feud from a lawn chair on our beach!! I just don't try and compete anymore, just enjoy the show with a cold cerveza !!!

kaneboats
06-26-2013, 08:53 AM
[I]Across the street and 2 houses in to the cul-de-sac a few of the neighbors go in on a truckload of fireworks (literally a truck delivers a few pallets). So around dusk we make our way over there with a chair and a few cold ones and watch them blow the @#$%& out of everything. Kind of a neighborhood block party really.

The hundy I usually drop at the local stand for my kids to shoot off is hardly noticed by comparison.

I used to live right next door to a crew like that. A whole family of Mexican-Americans. 8 or 9 brothers, sisters and in-laws. They'd all go in on the 'works. I think they were excited to be American citizens and wanted to celebrate. They put on a show better than the park district. Used to watch them out there at 6 a.m. on July 5 cleaning up the streets. Awesome show.

detipton
06-26-2013, 09:16 AM
We are headed up to Lake Powell on July 2 and returning July 7th. There will be 10 of us with two boats and one sea doo. We are renting a big house. I'm looking forward to this trip it will be awesome. Can't go wrong with Lake Powell.

newty
06-26-2013, 10:51 AM
We're going to light the street on fire for the fourth then camp out the rest of the weekend on the river...

jester
06-26-2013, 11:06 AM
I would like to hit the lake early in the morning then back home to get away from the crazy's. That is what I would like to do. What I get to do is go camping with the family and fight people for a camping spot then spots on the lake.

jpetty3023
06-26-2013, 11:26 AM
I coach my daughters league softball team and we finished first place in the city and are moving on to the district tourney. it starts July 1st and runs thru the 5th with games scheduled on the 4th so it may be a day of softball and fireworks

sicktc06
06-26-2013, 11:32 AM
Erik you gotta let me know where yall are going to catch fireworks! I got friends coming in from MS that will be at Lanier and I'll be there with them for the 4th as well. We all need to meet up!

moombadaze
06-26-2013, 02:07 PM
ups tracking info from Wakemakers may change my plans for this weekend and make it a early day for the 4th

kaneboats
06-26-2013, 02:20 PM
Woo hoo. Gotta load that baby up and see what you get. Will be tough to tell in the shallows though.

moombadaze
06-26-2013, 08:41 PM
Woo hoo. Gotta load that baby up and see what you get. Will be tough to tell in the shallows though.
luckily, we have had the normal summer rains so its filled up pretty good

kaneboats
06-27-2013, 09:14 AM
Good to hear. Let's see some vid of the new surf wave.

moombadaze
06-27-2013, 10:28 AM
May have to wait for some vid, yard is looking pretty neglected, so it may a yard day sunday and then early fishing on the 4th.

Are you going to be able to come to Lake Martin for a couple days?

kaneboats
06-27-2013, 10:45 AM
Still working on that one.

wolfeman131
06-27-2013, 01:39 PM
I've changed plans and am now going camping at Salyer's boat ramp as it sounds more entertaining than fireworks.

E4NASH
06-27-2013, 02:00 PM
Erik you gotta let me know where yall are going to catch fireworks! I got friends coming in from MS that will be at Lanier and I'll be there with them for the 4th as well. We all need to meet up!

We'll watch the ones that are at Sunset Cove but I'm not sure if we will actually go in there...too crazy and I've heard stories of all the fallout from the fireworks falling in to the boats. I'm straight on getting ash and embers on my interior. We can meet up for sure. I'll keep you posted.

Salyers
06-27-2013, 02:05 PM
Drew bring the drinks and I'll provide the food. 90% chance there will be fireworks of some type!

yz 2smoke
06-27-2013, 02:57 PM
We'll watch the ones that are at Sunset Cove but I'm not sure if we will actually go in there...too crazy and I've heard stories of all the fallout from the fireworks falling in to the boats. I'm straight on getting ash and embers on my interior. We can meet up for sure. I'll keep you posted.

You are right about the ashes. I was docked (far right) last year and it got all over my boat. I was there for Memorial weekend and I was at most 100 yards away from the bank they shoot them from and didn’t get a single ash in my boat. I will get as close as I can to the bank they shoot them from for the 4th.

It can get crazy…last year a guy came deep into the cove on plane. As I’m watching this dbag coming into the cove and making sure I’m not going to get hit I almost got ran over by a yacht. We both must have been looking at this dbag because when I looked up and hit reverse is hard as I could I could hear his boat doing the same thing.

I will be at Lanier Monday-Sunday camping at Shady Grove

E4NASH
06-27-2013, 03:29 PM
You are right about the ashes. I was docked (far right) last year and it got all over my boat. I was there for Memorial weekend and I was at most 100 yards away from the bank they shoot them from and didn’t get a single ash in my boat. I will get as close as I can to the bank they shoot them from for the 4th.

It can get crazy…last year a guy came deep into the cove on plane. As I’m watching this dbag coming into the cove and making sure I’m not going to get hit I almost got ran over by a yacht. We both must have been looking at this dbag because when I looked up and hit reverse is hard as I could I could hear his boat doing the same thing.

I will be at Lanier Monday-Sunday camping at Shady Grove

You get that WS420 installed yet?!

mmandley
06-27-2013, 03:32 PM
What am i the only one working on the 4th?

Factory runs 24/7 and that means us chemical waste people work 24/7 LOL

wolfeman131
06-27-2013, 03:42 PM
that ain't American, mandley!

yz 2smoke
06-27-2013, 03:55 PM
You get that WS420 installed yet?!

Not yet, it may be a winter project. My daughter wants me to install it so she can play with the mic. That may be why I haven’t installed it yet. I plan to build a different box for my sub so I will probably do it then.

mmandley
06-27-2013, 04:23 PM
that ain't American, mandley!

Nope but ill ride my American V twin to work, snub my nose at the rest of the non Americans that are working, sit at my desk pretending to work all day, ride my American V twin home arriving just in time to open an American Lager and watch my neighbors set off fire works LOL.

rdlangston13
06-27-2013, 09:16 PM
Headed to the river July 7 for the day but nothing spectacular

Sent from my iPhone

z28ke
06-28-2013, 03:47 PM
Working on the 4th like most holidays, but taking off Friday and heading to the family condo at Wrighsville Beach for a 3 day weekend with the wife and son. Looking forward to chillin and checking out all the beach babes!

kaneboats
07-01-2013, 11:15 PM
Wow! We are looking at rain on the 3, 4 and 5th. Sunshine on 6, 7 and 8th. May bump the celebration back to Sat. through Monday (daugher #2's birthday).

zabooda
07-01-2013, 11:44 PM
109 today and a cooling trend for the 4th with temps in the 90s. Water temps are mid 60s so my body can handle so much shock so I will probably be a land lubber. Our rain is done until September so there is no hurry to get out.

rdlangston13
07-02-2013, 03:55 AM
Well my July 7th plans my be a wash, 50% chance of thunder storms

Sent from my iPhone

chawk610
07-02-2013, 07:11 AM
Watching the Gaylord Texan Fireworks show with 2.0, kids, and friends... 3 boat tie off.

sicktc06
07-02-2013, 07:40 AM
Well my July 7th plans my be a wash, 50% chance of thunder storms

Sent from my iPhone

I just heard 100% for ATL area... Can I change my vote?!

sgoyal
07-02-2013, 08:16 AM
I just heard 100% for ATL area... Can I change my vote?!

Rain rain go away don't come our way

Samsung S4...

Ironcross25
07-02-2013, 05:17 PM
Hittin the lake. I don't care if its crowded. Get there early and ride then anchor up and chill and swim and enjoy the lake. Since there is an 80% chance of rain I may need to find another option. I just bought a 30 dollar remote control wakeboat from target I want to try out Thursday too so I hope the rain holds.

bergermaister
07-05-2013, 02:52 AM
Kind of a scary night here. Had a big family get together, bbq'd up a storm for the block party. All was going well.

About 45 min into the fireworks show the crazies put on, a mortar tipped over and shot right into our crowd. Luckily(?) my 72 yr old dad was on the receiving end of it instead of one of the young kids. It made a few random bounces, hit a fence behind him and then exploded right under his chair. We actually saw it coming but it was so fast there was hardly time to react. He started to jump up, but instead planted his butt and raised his legs as high as he could.

I was about 4 ft away and spinning around towards him when the main blast went off. I had my arms over my face so I didn't get burned but he took it pretty bad on his left leg. Knocked him over. I kind of flopped down on top of him and pushed him away from the embers. His leg was more bruised than burned I think but he was bleeding pretty good from 2 wound about the size of a half dollar and a bunch of speckles all over like shrapnel hit him. Our ears were ringing so bad we couldn't hear anything people were saying and eyes were burning pretty bad.

I think it was more shock than pain but man talk about scary. Again luckily none of the rest of the family or kids nearby were hurt but that was definitely the end of our night.

Cigars n scotch
07-05-2013, 08:10 AM
Sorry to hear about that berg, hope your dad is ok! And I hope you had those nut jobs arrested that shot the fireworks. Scary moment indeed.

wolfeman131
07-05-2013, 08:39 AM
Wow! To a degree, you all were lucky. I've had a mortar tube explode on me but I was far enough back. I always secure the mortar tubes to a large board or fixed object like the sea wall to avoid it getting tipped over.

Glad everyone is relatively OK.

kaneboats
07-05-2013, 12:15 PM
That woulda scared the livin crap outta me. Glad Dad is mostly OK. Whew!

KG's Supra24
07-05-2013, 01:16 PM
Scary story Berg!

The boat made it to the busted up dock in time for the 4th

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/07/06/7usaqase.jpg

House isn't finished but we have moved alot of stuff in. Exile balls came in (pic with a little remodel in background)

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/07/06/avyme7y2.jpg

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

jpetty3023
07-05-2013, 02:01 PM
your own private dock kg? ain't mad at ya kid!!

jmvotto
07-05-2013, 02:13 PM
Berg,

sorry that happen glad everyone is relatively ok from the explosion. seamed like a lot of fireworks went bad this holiday, maybe the Chinese were exporting seconds to teach us a thing or too.

Spent the day in a friends pools, bbq, couple beers home and in bed by 10, work today, lake tonight for the weekend.

jmb
07-05-2013, 04:05 PM
I hit the water and never left the house what a wonderful weekend

kaneboats
07-06-2013, 12:01 PM
We're getting more rain today and tomorrow too. Couple whole weeks just washed out.

wolfeman131
07-06-2013, 09:20 PM
We've dodged thunder showers Thursday, Friday and again today. Each day has gotten progressively better with weather and worse with idiots on the lake. This afternoon the water was so awful choppy we put up the surfboards and took a cruise on the sea doo.

kaneboats
07-07-2013, 08:54 AM
House isn't finished but we have moved alot of stuff in. Exile balls came in (pic with a little remodel in background)

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/07/06/avyme7y2.jpg

Looks like the remodel is coming along nicely. Let's see some pics.

KG's Supra24
07-08-2013, 10:26 AM
I'll get some pics up once we are closer to wrapped up. There are still a lot of things to finish up. The process doesn't look anywhere close to as clean as Davids new construction

I'll post some before and afters, though.