PDA

View Full Version : Help on a bigger wake.

LSV04
01-25-2006, 11:36 AM
I have an Outback LSV-and the wake is nice-I took a lesson at the Wakeboard Camp,(Florida) and they have a Mobius - the wake booted me effortlessly-Kyle had these lead plates around the boat-is it weight?or Wakeplate position? How do you guys do it? I dont need a monster wake yet but a little bigger would be good. I have 3 bag ballast system and wake plate. I know the Mobius is 3 feet bigger and heavier but my wake was nothing compared to the mobius. I hear the hulls are the same. .
Thanks

AL02REDMOBLSV
01-25-2006, 01:18 PM
Did you mean to say that the wakeboard camp had an XLV? If so this is a larger boat the the LSV. I would also be interested in what people have come up with on the setup of the LSV. The only difference between the Mobius and the Outback in any of the models is the "Standard" features. For instance, you and I have the same exact "Basic Boat", the difference is that my Mobius came with the tower standard and a few other options standard. The outback LSV you have did not come with some of the options as "Standard Equipment". Your tower and ballast were added on after the factory. (I am pretty sure I know what I am talking about, but I may be wrong.) When it is all said and done, if you have a tower and ballast on your boat, then the only difference in our boats are the stickers on the side!!!

LSV04
01-25-2006, 07:34 PM
That makes sense. My dealer told me Moomba used the boat for a boat show in VA.-it (Outback LSV)was the promo boat they loaded with all the options. I was excited because the boat was loaded and at the time he couldnt find a Mobius anyway. He did say the Outback was the same hull as the Mobius withthout the extras. I didnt know if he was just trying to sell a boat but when I saw the boat she was so nice I didnt care.Black with sandstone-its awesome.
Your right,The boat at the camp had to be an XLV-it was huge. 23 footer but not much bigger then the 20 footers(exact inside) but I couldnt believe the boot I got off the wake-almost out of control and it took a few falls to get used to it.But it was so much easier going wake to wake.He is actually trying to sell it. It has 130 hours and I think he said 29,000.He had these plates around the boat and a fat sac on the floor.
My boat has the standard equip. ballast/plate/tower. I know I paid too much for it but I love the boat.After the first season I got a call from the dealer...he said there was a recall on some hulls. Mine was one of them-I was flipping-but they sent a truck and picked up the boat and gave me a new hull!!!!How could I complain. After I found out this type of thing does happen to all high end boats it didnt bother me as much. It happened to Malibu too. It was a spider crack in the gelcoat-I would of never noticed but the dealer caught it-thank god.
Anyway,sorry to bore you with these details but Im counting the days to get back on the water.Later.

Chefwong
01-25-2006, 09:51 PM
I got a LSV 04 and i think ive got the wake mastered on my boat pretty well. AFter 2 years have gone by I've come to the conclution the best wake is have 2 500 pound sacks in the rear and then you want about 550-650 pounds in the front. For the front i have to identical 370 pound sacks and i fill one alll the way and fill the other half. Then put the wakeplate about 3/4 up, and there you go perfection

Smrtz
01-27-2006, 02:30 PM
Does anyone know of a sac that will fit in the bow on the floor I want the weight but want it to sit on the floor of my outback. so it would have to be long and narrow..

I only have the factory ballast in the back Im planning to add some weight there as well as the bag in thr front, suggestions would be awesome

Thanks in advance

05mobiusxlv
01-27-2006, 08:29 PM
He is actually trying to sell it. It has 130 hours and I think he said 29,000

$29,000 for an XLV??? The first year they made the XLV was in 2004. He should have no problem selling it for that price.That Boats worth 10,000 more then that.