PDA

View Full Version : Plumb in extra rear bag?

Wax
06-21-2013, 11:45 AM
My question is has anybody ever plumbed in an auxiliary bag to your factory G3 system? I see a lot of people going to bigger bags, but I couldn't find info on somebody adding in a plumbed bag.

Here's my thought. I like the wake for wakeboarding just fine with the stock weight. For surfing I fill up a 350 pounder that's kind of halfway under the seats and halfway in the rear locker (I don't want to cut out the cooler). What I was thinking is adding another bag to the left locker, and putting in two y valves in front of the bags, both for fill pump and empty pump. This way I could fill up stock ballast for wakeboarding, and then when it's time to surf I could just fill up the auxiliary bag by turning the valve and flipping the left ballast switch. Same thing to empty, I could empty one or the other individually, or both.

When I surf, I leave the right empty and fill up my stock bag and that aux 350 bag on the left. It's a pretty good surf wake as is. I was thinking if I add another bag on the left, I could also fill up the right and the boat will still list enough while adding the most weight possible in the back. Maybe at that point I'd also just throw the 350 in the front or something, probably wouldn't need it in back anymore.

Or I could just upgrade to bigger rear bags, like the 750 pounders. That's probably way easier lol.

moombadaze
06-21-2013, 12:16 PM
i see no reason that would not work.

I know you dont want to, but I would cut out that cooler just to get more ballast under the seat

Wax
06-21-2013, 12:20 PM
i see no reason that would not work.

I know you dont want to, but I would cut out that cooler just to get more ballast under the seat

If I cut out that cooler in this boat I just spent that much money on, my wife would freak out like no other! Plus who doesn't like a cooler?

cornrickey
06-21-2013, 12:21 PM
build extensions hoses from the other locker to were you put the extra bag. disconnect the locker bag and connect the extensions. you may have air lock issues with emptying but filling will not be a issue.

moombadaze
06-21-2013, 12:37 PM
Plus who doesn't like a cooler?

if was trully a cooler, I think the ice melted faster in there than if a bag of ice was left on the engine cover in full sun

E4NASH
06-21-2013, 12:56 PM
if was trully a cooler, I think the ice melted faster in there than if a bag of ice was left on the engine cover in full sun

Yep...was pretty worthless. We used it as dry storage until we cut the cooler out. Wife was all for it since we didn't have to have bags on the seat anymore. I have plumbed in a tube sack under both side seats and an IBS. All three of these utilize the same pumps and switches as the factory setup. I just ran hose and used one bosworth valve per pump. Cutting the cooler is no big deal and if you do it right it looks factory.

yz 2smoke
06-21-2013, 01:35 PM

I must have the only cooler that works. I do pre chill my cooler the night before and only put in cold beverages. I do put in a couple of frozen bottle waters. My ice will easily last all day. My only complaint about the cooler is it needs to be bigger.

cab13367
06-21-2013, 02:09 PM
Or I could just upgrade to bigger rear bags, like the 750 pounders. That's probably way easier lol.

You just answered your own question. It would be WAY easier to just upgrade the rear bags to either 750's or 1100's and only fill them part way for wakeboarding, and all the way for surfing.

Wax
06-21-2013, 02:23 PM
What are the stock bags in my boat? 400lbs each? Front is 400lb also isn't it?

Yes, that would be better. I don't want to go through the hassle of reinforcing my floor and all that for the 1100s, somewhere around 600-750 would probably be good on each side.

E4NASH
06-21-2013, 03:21 PM

Yes, that would be better. I don't want to go through the hassle of reinforcing my floor and all that for the 1100s, somewhere around 600-750 would probably be good on each side.

I had 750s last year and sold them for the 1100s. I haven't reinforced anything or seen the need to yet so my advice is to go 1100s because you will end up upgrading again anyway. I was told the same thing last year and didn't believe it...not even 6 months later those 750s were up for sale!

cab13367
06-21-2013, 03:48 PM

I think the stock rear bags that year were only 275lbs. Yes, the center bag should be 400.

Look at the rear bags and see if you can find a 10 digit or so part #. Post the numbers here and I can tell you which sacs you have.

Wax
06-21-2013, 04:04 PM
Will do! I think we're going to go surfing this afternoon, so I'll look then. They look more like 275lbs to me to be honest. I had 275lb side sacs in my DD Supra and these, although shorter and fatter, look pretty similar in volume to me.

cab13367
06-21-2013, 06:58 PM
Will do! I think we're going to go surfing this afternoon, so I'll look then. They look more like 275lbs to me to be honest. I had 275lb side sacs in my DD Supra and these, although shorter and fatter, look pretty similar in volume to me.

FYI, the last 6 digits are the dimensions in inches. So if the last 6 are 161630 then it's 16"x16"x30" which is what I think the stock bags were in 06. The front bag should be 101670.

Wax
06-22-2013, 07:39 PM
Mine are 16x16x30...is that 275#?

Wax
06-22-2013, 08:09 PM
I'm guessing it is, since the wavemakers website has 400lb bags that are 16x16x42.

muehlcj
06-22-2013, 08:25 PM
FYI, the last 6 digits are the dimensions in inches. So if the last 6 are 161630 then it's 16"x16"x30" which is what I think the stock bags were in 06. The front bag should be 101670.

What is the largest bag you can fit in the rear of an '06 lsv and not pop the doors?

Wax
06-22-2013, 08:36 PM
I see threads of people putting in the 1100s no problem. I just read the one guy's thread that braced the compartment with 2 vertical aluminum bars to make sure it didn't pop through the side lol!

Wax
06-22-2013, 08:40 PM
I just can't imagine that 600-750lbs in each won't do the job. I fill my front ballast and left rear, leave the right empty. I fill another bag on the left at 350. So if mine are only 275, that's 625 on the left and 400 up front. My wife drives and my 2yr old and 4yr old spot lol. I can surf that wake all day long, it's waist high, pocket is relatively short but the wake is great shape and has plenty of power. It amazes me the amount of weight people put in their boats.

moombahighrider
06-22-2013, 08:56 PM
I had 750s last year and sold them for the 1100s. I haven't reinforced anything or seen the need to yet so my advice is to go 1100s because you will end up upgrading again anyway. I was told the same thing last year and didn't believe it...not even 6 months later those 750s were up for sale!

Ditto⬆. I upgraded my factory 400's to 750's. turned around and bought 1100's pretty soon after the 750's. definitely wish I did not waste that money on 750's.

FYI, the 650 ibs was the best upgrade I did. Definitely lengthens the pocket, but I find I need the 1100's to balance it out.

Wax
06-22-2013, 09:13 PM
Ditto⬆. I upgraded my factory 400's to 750's. turned around and bought 1100's pretty soon after the 750's. definitely wish I did not waste that money on 750's.

FYI, the 650 ibs was the best upgrade I did. Definitely lengthens the pocket, but I find I need the 1100's to balance it out.

Well hmmm. This blows my mind, 1100 seems like so freaking much lol! Here's what I would really like to happen...I'd like to have everything hooked up to my stock switches so I don't have to use any more freaking bags and pump. I want to be able to switch from surf to wakeboard all with the flip of a switch, and not have to ask people to get up and move, or plug sh!t in. I think that if I went to 600s or 750s I'd of course get a better wake than what I have now (that's over twice as much in the rear lockers!). I know it's won't be a monster like you guys are all doing, but I surf just fine on mine right now as is with just adding that 350 on the left side (and it doesn't fill all the way up, it's maybe 200lbs).

I'm afraid if I go to 1100s then I'll have to get that $330 1180lb front bag. Out the door on wakemakers I'm looking at $800 in that scenario. I don't want to have to fill up my extra bags in the front. The 750s on wakemakers bagbuster is going to cost me $360 (which isn't bad, I'll spend that), just I don't want to have to add the center bag too. I was trying to add a little more weight on the cheap. I don't want to change props or any of that junk either.

Maybe if it's just me and a buddy or something and we're really just surfing, I can fill up my extra stock bags somewhere to add another 550lbs. I don't mind doing it, but when we go from tubing to surfing to wakeboarding, it's amazing just flipping switches compared to my old Launch where I had 5 bags to mess with.

moombahighrider
06-22-2013, 09:35 PM
Well hmmm. This blows my mind, 1100 seems like so freaking much lol! Here's what I would really like to happen...I'd like to have everything hooked up to my stock switches so I don't have to use any more freaking bags and pump. I want to be able to switch from surf to wakeboard all with the flip of a switch, and not have to ask people to get up and move, or plug sh!t in. I think that if I went to 600s or 750s I'd of course get a better wake than what I have now (that's over twice as much in the rear lockers!). I know it's won't be a monster like you guys are all doing, but I surf just fine on mine right now as is with just adding that 350 on the left side (and it doesn't fill all the way up, it's maybe 200lbs).

I'm afraid if I go to 1100s then I'll have to get that $330 1180lb front bag. Out the door on wakemakers I'm looking at $800 in that scenario. I don't want to have to fill up my extra bags in the front. The 750s on wakemakers bagbuster is going to cost me $360 (which isn't bad, I'll spend that), just I don't want to have to add the center bag too. I was trying to add a little more weight on the cheap. I don't want to change props or any of that junk either.

Maybe if it's just me and a buddy or something and we're really just surfing, I can fill up my extra stock bags somewhere to add another 550lbs. I don't mind doing it, but when we go from tubing to surfing to wakeboarding, it's amazing just flipping switches compared to my old Launch where I had 5 bags to mess with.

I don't know what to tell you, really. It's a disease and the upgrades can't be stopped in my world. To be clear, my 08 lsv is setup as follows: 400 in the locker. 650 in the bow, 1100 in each locker (braced), dedicated pumps for each locker and the front/ibs are on their own pump but connected together. I have retained the factory switches and have everything out of sight and plumbed in. All I have to do is hit the switches and let it happen. I did have the same setup with the factory single pump and valves and that worked fine with the exception of fill time. Also, I have multiple props, depending on where I am boating (I range from 4000 - 7000' in altitude on my lakes). Unfortunately, one change will likely spark another and that just seems to continue....

It's an expensive sport/ lifestyle, I have found.

Wax
06-22-2013, 09:58 PM
It's an expensive sport/ lifestyle, I have found.

Oh I know the feeling, this isn't my first rodeo. I had at least $800, maybe more, into my fat sac setup in my Launch. Unfortunately, the buyer wanted to keep all of them with the boat! Which was understandable.

So I'm wondering why did you go IBS? I was thinking I'd just go to that longer 1180lb center sac, if I actually stepped up to 1100s in the back. Why plumb in the extra IBS if you can get a center sack that's 780lbs heavier than our stock ones? I just assume it goes way up into the bow. It's 88x19x19. I think our stock ones are just shorter, but same width and height.

moombahighrider
06-22-2013, 10:05 PM
Oh I know the feeling, this isn't my first rodeo. I had at least $800, maybe more, into my fat sac setup in my Launch. Unfortunately, the buyer wanted to keep all of them with the boat! Which was understandable.

So I'm wondering why did you go IBS? I was thinking I'd just go to that longer 1180lb center sac, if I actually stepped up to 1100s in the back. Why plumb in the extra IBS if you can get a center sack that's 780lbs heavier than our stock ones? I just assume it goes way up into the bow. It's 88x19x19. I think our stock ones are just shorter, but same width and height.

No, the 400 fills the ski locker. There's no way the 1180 would fit in there on my boat.

Wax
06-22-2013, 10:10 PM
No, the 400 fills the ski locker. There's no way the 1180 would fit in there on my boat.

That's what I thought, I was confused on how it would fit. I didn't look and see, but I just assumed it could extend up into the bow. I wonder why wakemakers says it fits our boats?

Wax
06-22-2013, 10:14 PM
Also could anybody tell me what the difference is in hose fittings? Like why on wakemakers if I upgrade to 750lb or 1000lb sacs do I need a new quick connect extension adapter with it? I would think that I could just pull the quick connect plugs out of my bags and put them in the new bags, as I assume all Fly High sacs have the same size holes. Am I wrong in assuming that?

moombahighrider
06-22-2013, 10:21 PM
That's what I thought, I was confused on how it would fit. I didn't look and see, but I just assumed it could extend up into the bow. I wonder why wakemakers says it fits our boats?

I could be wrong but I believe it fits the xlv, maybe mojo?

moombahighrider
06-22-2013, 10:23 PM
Also could anybody tell me what the difference is in hose fittings? Like why on wakemakers if I upgrade to 750lb or 1000lb sacs do I need a new quick connect extension adapter with it? I would think that I could just pull the quick connect plugs out of my bags and put them in the new bags, as I assume all Fly High sacs have the same size holes. Am I wrong in assuming that?

On some of the bigger bags, the fitting locations are more on top of the bag and further in from the ends. My factory hoses were not long enough, and I changed to 1" lines with the new pumps for extra flow/ volume.

moombahighrider
06-22-2013, 10:54 PM
On some of the bigger bags, the fitting locations are more on top of the bag and further in from the ends. My factory hoses were not long enough, and I changed to 1" lines with the new pumps for extra flow/ volume.

Sorry, I just realized I misread your question. The holes are the same and you can swap the fittings. Most would upgrade to 1" fittings when going to a larger bag, but that requires upgrading hoses as well. Doesn't sound like you are going to that stage right now.

Wax
06-22-2013, 11:02 PM
OK great, yeah that was my question. There's a couple members on the forum I'm talking to about getting their 600lb bags from, and I had just assumed I could swap out my fittings on to that bag.

moombahighrider
06-22-2013, 11:05 PM
I see no reason why that won't work.

Wax
06-22-2013, 11:07 PM
And you're right, I'm not nearly to that stage. That will be if I decide to upgrade pumps and what not, and go to 1100lb bags. I'm assuming most people that go to 1100lb bags upgrade their pumps? It would take a long time to fill up that big of a bag it seems. It just sounds like for my purposes it's better to find some less expensive used bags right now, and maybe down the road I'll go 1100 if I feel it's necessary. If I end up buying new though, I don't see why I wouldn't just spend the extra $80 and get the 1100s now.

moombahighrider
06-22-2013, 11:12 PM
And you're right, I'm not nearly to that stage. That will be if I decide to upgrade pumps and what not, and go to 1100lb bags. I'm assuming most people that go to 1100lb bags upgrade their pumps? It would take a long time to fill up that big of a bag it seems. It just sounds like for my purposes it's better to find some less expensive used bags right now, and maybe down the road I'll go 1100 if I feel it's necessary. If I end up buying new though, I don't see why I wouldn't just spend the extra $80 and get the 1100s now.

Definitely, if you buy new, just buy 1100's. you can fill them as much as you need to. Hopefully you are looking at a killer deal to make the 600's worth it. I found I wasted money being resistant to going all out and I ended up doing that exact thing in the end.

Wax
06-22-2013, 11:37 PM
Seems like a few guys on here have bought new Mojos with the 650s and upgraded to 1100s already, so I was going to try and snag somebody's 650s for cheap. At least half or less of what it would cost for new 1100s, althought I'll probably still need the extensions from wakemakers if I go to 650s...?

How did you plumb in your front IBS sac? Did you just do like a T connector at each the fill and empty connections on the center bag?

Yeah I want to go all out, but I mean that's some serious cash for just some bags lol!

E4NASH
06-22-2013, 11:45 PM
I'm using my stock 3 reversible pumps with all six of my bags. Everything is plumbed and bags are all hidden. I can also control each bag independently if I want to. I have found that I only really use the IBS when I have a bunch of people in the boat.

People who surf my boat tell me all the time how much they like the wave. It's really nice to hear that from people who have or, like the guy today, work for one of the "other guys". Wish I went 1100 from the beginning and would've saved $300. I let my 750s go way too cheap!

NateHaskovec
06-23-2013, 12:03 AM
I stacked both 650's on the surf side so I can see if I really need the 1100's. I will let you know tomorrow if stacking works well and if I want to work a deal on my 650's.

I also installed vent check valves. I think these are necessary if you plan to stack bags.

I am thinking your 275's would fit up front in my bow area, so I may do a trade still.

Wax
06-23-2013, 12:09 AM
Thanks Nate. How the heck are you going to stack, just gonna fill one up using an auxiliary pump or something?

Just let me know once you know, I'm definitely still interested!

moombahighrider
06-23-2013, 12:26 AM
How did you plumb in your front IBS sac? Did you just do like a T connector at each the fill and empty connections on the center bag?

I have the center locker 400 plumbed like normal, but I vent the 400 to fill the IBS (I have t'd that fill line and fill both legs at the same time). I have the IBS vented to relieve pressure. In regards to empty, I have t'd the empty lines together (both legs of IBS and center locker) and use the factory empty pump.

NateHaskovec
06-23-2013, 12:44 AM
Thanks Nate. How the heck are you going to stack, just gonna fill one up using an auxiliary pump or something?

Just let me know once you know, I'm definitely still interested!

I plumbed the vent of the bottom bag to the fill port of the top bag. I then vented the top bag through the thru-hull with a check valve installed.

If all goes according to plan, the bottom 650 will fill, then fill the top 650. I assume that I will have to stop the pump before the top 650 lifts the sun pad.

If the setup works, I will send you the details. Maybe stacking the bags you have now will do until the offseason.

cornrickey
06-23-2013, 02:17 AM
you will be right were tbey are at in short time. get the 750s and be done with it. Or spend the money on building some wake gates and decrease your overall weight (bags) needed and eliminate the lean. the extensions with the bags are needed because the factory hose won't reach to the taller bag fittings.

Wax
06-23-2013, 03:44 AM
cornrickey, I saw your wakegate thread over on the Supra forums, actually just read through it again today. Looks like you are still trying to dial it in quite a bit? I'm sure somebody will come out with a kit (maybe that's your plan?), and then pay Malibu royalties lol! When I first saw it, all I thought of was just putting two hydraulic wakeplates (trim tabs) vertically and doing the same thing, but maybe with a longer trim tab (I've seen some quite a bit longer than the wakeplates on offshore style boats).

Nate, I don't really want to stack the bags because I wakeboard as much as I surf. Half the reason I upgraded to a newer boat was so I had plumbed ballast and could switch from sport to sport whenever (we tube, and I throw on the slalom ski every now and again). I think I'll be fine with 650s or 750s or 1100s, since it will be more than what I have now and like I said before I can surf all day on my wake as is and it's a good wakeboard wake too with what I have. Just always trying to get a little more, never satisfied as my wife says! If I can get your 650 bags, or the other members, for a good deal I'll probably go for it. Otherwise if I have to go new I don't see a point to get 750s when the 1100s are only $80 more. Can always put less weight in a 1100, can't really do more weight in a 750!

Are there aftermarket ballast gauges? I was actually thinking if I got the 1100s, I could basically put some sort of measurement on the wall, like showing percentages full of the bag so I can fill each side up as close as possible to the same amount. That would be the easiest way to do something like that, atleast easiest I could think of. I'm sure it wouldn't be that hard to eyeball it anyway. I just don't think I'll wakeboard with that much weight, 750 is probably just about right but I wouldn't mind having 1100 for surfing.

NateHaskovec
06-23-2013, 06:45 PM
I was just recommending stacking the bags as a temporary solution.

It worked well for me today. When we switched to wakeboarding, I just switched the bag back to the other side. It only took two minutes.

The top bag didn't empty all of the way because the bottom bag sucked so flat, the pump couldn't pull anymore out of the top bag.

I may use this setup again, but still have plans to either get 1100 + 370 on either side.

Here is the port locker with the double stack. I guess it was 1000+ pounds.

Wax
06-24-2013, 09:34 PM
Ok just wanted to throw in an update...I bought a 1100, the local shop had only one. I didn't plumb it in yet, but I just got done surfing (still on the boat, emptying the jumbo) and holy crap what a difference! The wake was huge and great. Honestly rivals any wake I've had before on some real expensive boats with a lot of ballast and people! I like a steep wake, so I don't think I need any more weight in the bow. I had my wife adjust the wakeplate some, and I liked it all the way up and steep.

So I'm going to plumb it in, I went to home depot and the house and couplers I need are like $20. So instead of that, I'm going to buy the extension kit at wakemakers for $30. Then I'll take the top stock fitting off the stock bag and use it and a small piece of hose to connect the two stock 275 bags together on the right. Nobody I surf with is goofy and 550 on each side is plenty for wakeboarding. So basically for $220 I'll have my 1100 on the left and 550 on the right. When I wakeboard I'll just empty the left halfway to have 550 on both sides. I didn't use my spare 350 today, don't need it with the 1100. So I'll have that just in case I need some in the bow at some point.

So I think I'll have my goal met with only buying one 1100, great surf wake, great wakeboard wake, and everything plumbed in!

Thanks for everybody's input.

Btw, I didn't see a need to put the braces in. I was watching for it, but my dividing wall barely bent. Don't think I'll need it.

Also, have you guys with the 1100s removed the little hydraulic lifter that holds the door open? The bracket looks like it digs pretty far into the bag with the door shut. My lifter is too weak to hold it open anyway, so I guess why not remove it.

E4NASH
06-24-2013, 09:47 PM
You're welcome...and no I didn't remove mine. I don't fill it so its bursting that way when I close it it has enough cushion not to hurt anything. FWIW when it's just my wife and I and the kids I don't use now weight either. I only use it when we have a bunch of people in the boat. I like a big steep wave myself as we'll and have found the pocket to be long and just fine without bow weight on the occasions when it's just us.

brain_rinse
06-24-2013, 09:53 PM
Glad you found a good solution and saved some money... Now put that money to good use and get an IBS! :) You said you wakeboard primarily and weight up front is the best way to a better wake with your hull. Plus you are just out the cost of the bag and some hose/fittings, just like your 1100 upgrade.

NateHaskovec
06-24-2013, 10:38 PM
Ok just wanted to throw in an update...I bought a 1100, the local shop had only one. I didn't plumb it in yet, but I just got done surfing (still on the boat, emptying the jumbo) and holy crap what a difference! The wake was huge and great. Honestly rivals any wake I've had before on some real expensive boats with a lot of ballast and people! I like a steep wake, so I don't think I need any more weight in the bow. I had my wife adjust the wakeplate some, and I liked it all the way up and steep.

So I'm going to plumb it in, I went to home depot and the house and couplers I need are like $20. So instead of that, I'm going to buy the extension kit at wakemakers for $30. Then I'll take the top stock fitting off the stock bag and use it and a small piece of hose to connect the two stock 275 bags together on the right. Nobody I surf with is goofy and 550 on each side is plenty for wakeboarding. So basically for $220 I'll have my 1100 on the left and 550 on the right. When I wakeboard I'll just empty the left halfway to have 550 on both sides. I didn't use my spare 350 today, don't need it with the 1100. So I'll have that just in case I need some in the bow at some point.

So I think I'll have my goal met with only buying one 1100, great surf wake, great wakeboard wake, and everything plumbed in!

Thanks for everybody's input.

Btw, I didn't see a need to put the braces in. I was watching for it, but my dividing wall barely bent. Don't think I'll need it.

Also, have you guys with the 1100s removed the little hydraulic lifter that holds the door open? The bracket looks like it digs pretty far into the bag with the door shut. My lifter is too weak to hold it open anyway, so I guess why not remove it.

Perfect! Now you should trade me the 275's for my 650. I only need one 1100 and I can use the 275's under my seats.

Wax
06-24-2013, 10:48 PM
Perfect! Now you should trade me the 275's for my 650. I only need one 1100 and I can use the 275's under my seats.

Nate you read my mind. call or text me.

Wax
06-25-2013, 02:29 AM
Thanks to wakemakers for their video on how to pop out the glued fittings from the fat sacs, worked perfectly! Who knows what kind of damage I would've done to those if I took my vice grips to them!

Unfortunately for them, now I'm just going to get a couple feet of 3/4 ID hose and a coupler to extend my fill line. I decided might as well do it on my own instead of buy the $30 kit, since now I'll probably do it for the right side bag also once I get a bigger one.

So now here's my next question. I talked about adding an aux bag to the back, but what about under the bow as we've been talking about? Say I get an IBS and want to plumb it in. Same idea as before, what I was going to do is just run a line from the center bag (the spare outlet, hopefully it's towards the front) to the bow bag. Here's my concerns with doing that:

1. Is the floor under the bow cushions low enough to be below the overflow outlet? So if I'm pumping the center locker bag full, then once it's full the water will flow into the front bag...but if the bag is higher than the outlet the water won't flow into the bag and will just go out the side of the boat. Another point would be once the bag starts filling and expands to some percentage full, maybe the waterline will be above the outlet so I'll only be able to fill it halfway or something, which might not be worth it.

2. Can my stock pump even handle the pressure of pumping the center bag full, then pushing that water up a 3/4 (or 1 inch I'd prob do) into the bag?

I was thinking of even using my stock rear 275's and plumbing both in, one on each side in the bow. But they would only get probably half full, just not a lot of room. Plus Nate wants them lol. I still have my 350 also, can always manually fill that up in the bow if needed.

I'm assuming the best way to plumb an IBS is to add another pump, but I don't want to drill through the hull...yet.

brain_rinse
06-25-2013, 07:03 AM
I thunk there are several people using the stock pump exactly as you described but at some point you will probably get tired of the fill time anf want to upgrade. You could add another pump to your existing thru hull intake by just adding a tee and not drilling another hole in the bottom. Or add another sprinkler valve to the end of you manifold to control the IBS. With 1100s and an IBS I would start saving up for a winter upgrade to dedicated pumps. :)

jmvotto
06-25-2013, 09:51 PM

It fits the xlv just fine as well as the supra 24's

On the old boat I added an extra rule 2000 fill pumped teed off the inlet,plus an extra manifold and valve, plus two drain pumps, a 4th switch and two vents out the sides of the bow to drain.

Got real good at drilling holes in the boat with the ballast and heater work.

cornrickey
06-26-2013, 01:03 AM
cornrickey, I saw your wakegate thread over on the Supra forums, actually just read through it again today. Looks like you are still trying to dial it in quite a bit? I'm sure somebody will come out with a kit (maybe that's your plan?), and then pay Malibu royalties lol! When I first saw it, all I thought of was just putting two hydraulic wakeplates (trim tabs) vertically and doing the same thing, but maybe with a longer trim tab (I've seen some quite a bit longer than the wakeplates on offshore style boats).

Nate, I don't really want to stack the bags because I wakeboard as much as I surf. Half the reason I upgraded to a newer boat was so I had plumbed ballast and could switch from sport to sport whenever (we tube, and I throw on the slalom ski every now and again). I think I'll be fine with 650s or 750s or 1100s, since it will be more than what I have now and like I said before I can surf all day on my wake as is and it's a good wakeboard wake too with what I have. Just always trying to get a little more, never satisfied as my wife says! If I can get your 650 bags, or the other members, for a good deal I'll probably go for it. Otherwise if I have to go new I don't see a point to get 750s when the 1100s are only $80 more. Can always put less weight in a 1100, can't really do more weight in a 750!

Are there aftermarket ballast gauges? I was actually thinking if I got the 1100s, I could basically put some sort of measurement on the wall, like showing percentages full of the bag so I can fill each side up as close as possible to the same amount. That would be the easiest way to do something like that, atleast easiest I could think of. I'm sure it wouldn't be that hard to eyeball it anyway. I just don't think I'll wakeboard with that much weight, 750 is probably just about right but I wouldn't mind having 1100 for surfing.
I'm done with the design of the gates. I wasn't able to get it to work with the surf side retracted. I will be removing the surf side gate when switching sides. still it only takes about a minute to do compared to moving bags and there isn't any lean, all bags are hidden and I decrease the weight by about about 1200 lbs. it's a no brainer.

Wax
06-26-2013, 01:47 PM
I'm done with the design of the gates. I wasn't able to get it to work with the surf side retracted. I will be removing the surf side gate when switching sides. still it only takes about a minute to do compared to moving bags and there isn't any lean, all bags are hidden and I decrease the weight by about about 1200 lbs. it's a no brainer.

Did you post pics up somewhere of your wake with and without the gate? I'd definitely be interested in doing it, but now that I have the weight I want in my boat I can't really imagine needing to make the wave better. I like my wake steep, does your gate cause the shape to change, or same shape just longer due to converging further back?

I plumbed in my 1100 yesterday with a $0.76 sprinkler system 3/4 splicer and 3ft of braided vinyl hose. Nate and I are trading bags, I shipped his out today, so I'll have a 650 on the right side now. Both splicers and the hose was $11 at Lowes. So cost for me to upgrade my ballast was $200 for the 1100 sac, $11 for plumbing materials, and $37 in shipping to send my stock bags to Nate (did 2 day to make sure he had them by the weekend). So $248 got me a sweet surf wake and an bigger wakeboard wake than before, and all plumbed in as I wanted; I think I did pretty good! I'm sure the 650 on the right will make an acceptable wake for any of my friends that ride goofy...honestly don't think I've had somebody surf goofy on my boat in 2 or 3 years.

Does anybody really glue in your fittings like they came from the factory? I've never needed to, or even thought of, gluing them in, but I also never had them plumbed in before on my Supra.

kaneboats
06-26-2013, 02:19 PM
Does anybody really glue in your fittings like they came from the factory? I've never needed to, or even thought of, gluing them in, but I also never had them plumbed in before on my Supra.

Nah, just a little pipe tape.

moombadaze
06-26-2013, 08:45 PM
no glue, little Teflon tape and all stays dry. now if I could only get the dang glued in fittings out of the original bags I would not have had to buy other bags.

Wax
06-27-2013, 09:39 AM
no glue, little Teflon tape and all stays dry. now if I could only get the dang glued in fittings out of the original bags I would not have had to buy other bags.

It's super easy to do, did you watch the video in resources on wakemakers? Just put a hair dryer (not a heat gun) on it for 15 minutes on high (the longer the better). The black plastic expands way more than the plug, so then you actually just pop it out with your foot; not unscrew, basically you pry it out by using your feet. I did all 4 no problem, and Nate did his 2 no problem in the bag he's sending me.

moombadaze
06-27-2013, 10:32 AM
didnt know there was a trick to removing them, i'll search out the video. Thanks. may have even more surf ballast :o

wolfeman131
06-27-2013, 02:41 PM
watch & learn

http://youtu.be/qpW_x9MeAQo

moombadaze
06-27-2013, 04:57 PM
watch & learn

http://youtu.be/qpW_x9MeAQo

watched and learned. Thanks. think I will have to give it a try. more ballast is allways good right?

wolfeman131
06-27-2013, 07:06 PM
Yep, as long as it isnt the result your wife sucking down boxes of Bon-bons.

jstenger
09-13-2013, 07:32 PM
Wax

Did you ever add an IBS to your boat? Filling it from the vent off the center sac is probably the easiest. Plus, seeing that you are filling an 1100# in the rear, it would take about the same time to fill the 400# center and 650# IBS. If you are still using aerator pumps, I forsee one problem. You may need to add a valve to the center sac drain. If you do not block the center bag drain, then the IBS may not fill completely.

Wax
09-13-2013, 10:14 PM
I haven't added one yet. Not sure if I'm going to. I love my wake as is, I'd have to try to simulate it with people or something to see if it's worth it.

Sent from my fourth replacement Galaxy S2 using Tapatalk 4...