PDA

View Full Version : Moomba Boat Possibilities

dillengeraj
06-20-2013, 05:59 AM
I am a little new to the wakeboarding but have gotten a feel for it the past year. We are currently looking at 2 boats and I wanted to see which one will have the better wake or are they both going to be about the same. The 2 boats are a 2006 Mobius LS inboard with a ballast tank underneath the back seat and the other is a 2006 Moomba Outback V-drive with ballast in the ski locker and behind the back seat. I know there is more space in the V-drive but if my understand is correct the size of the boat is the same. I just wasn't sure if I would need to go to a bigger boat to tell a difference in the wake or not. Any help would be much appreciated.

moombadaze
06-20-2013, 07:32 AM
those are two different hulls,LS is 21', outback V is 20' not a apples to apples comparison. but personally, id go for the v drive or hold out and get the v drive 21 foot LSV

sandm
06-20-2013, 07:56 AM
hold out for the lsv...

you won't be sorry.

wolfeman131
06-20-2013, 08:51 AM
we had a 2008 OBV which was the same hull as the 2006. You'll get a decent wakeboard wake out of that boat and, in my opinion, better than the LS. If it fits your budget, then go for it! If you have a little bit of patience and coin, the 2006+ LSV is a larger boat and will produce an improved wakeboard and wakesurf wave.

Tell us where you're at, budget, etc. and the guys on here will be on the lookout for you. Be prepared to travel for the right boat this time of year. We recently had a member from TX purchase a boat from IL that he found in the Classifieds here.

tgoody14
06-20-2013, 10:12 AM
hold out for the lsv...

you won't be sorry.

This 👆, if it fits in your budget...

I went from an 04 direct drive to an 08 LSV! I love the upgraded wake and it feels like twice the amount of room!
Walking around the engine compartment gets old after awhile too...

dillengeraj
06-20-2013, 12:24 PM
Thanks for all the information. It sounds like from all the info I should get a LSV. I would prefer to spend under $30k if possible because we only use it some during the summer and I can't justify having a better boat than our cars combined. I am in South Carolina so if you see anything please let me know. Thanks again

tgoody14
06-20-2013, 12:38 PM
They are out there! This is an 08, maybe you can find an 06 even cheaper
http://www.onlyinboards.com/Details.aspx?ID=37343

Check craigslist all around you daily! They will sell fast after posted online with the amount of search bots available these days

moombadaze
06-20-2013, 12:39 PM
I can't justify having a better boat than our cars combined.

there's nothing wrong with that :cool:

kaneboats
06-20-2013, 01:52 PM
They are out there! This is an 08, maybe you can find an 06 even cheaper
http://www.onlyinboards.com/Details.aspx?ID=37343

Check craigslist all around you daily! They will sell fast after posted online with the amount of search bots available these days

That would be a great deal except for the salt water factor. If you look at everything they have replaced already it seems there is some exposure damage. I would not trust the trailer either if it is a standard boatmate steel trailer.

On the other hand I have met that dealer and some of their family. Great people so you could probably call them and get the truth about the boat. It might be a consignment or a trade on a new Tige. Also, I looked again and it does say it has a galvanized trailer which helps a bit.

motosno963
06-20-2013, 02:00 PM
my ob originally came from FL ( didnt know ha), had to replace a few things but nothing big so far

kaneboats
06-20-2013, 02:11 PM
There are plenty of boats in FL that never see salt water. Shoot, mine doesn't even really see FL water.

sandm
06-20-2013, 02:33 PM
there's nothing wrong with that :cool:

I think I spent more in ballast and stereo upgrades than my tow rig is worth :)

kaneboats
06-20-2013, 03:07 PM
Let's see. Hmm, hmm, carry the 2. OK. Boat at present is worth more than twice what truck and wife's car would fetch together. I enjoy it more than twice as much as the other 2 vehicles too, no doubt. I will say the car and truck are paid for so the relatively small boat payment is the only vehicle payment we have.

maxpower220
06-20-2013, 08:18 PM
Hard to believe that was a salt boat with chrome rims that don't appear to have rust.

But the price and replacement parts do fit that bill.

wolfeman131
06-20-2013, 10:35 PM
Might be some wiggle room with this one at Atlanta Marine

http://atlanta.craigslist.org/nat/bod/3883007638.html

And, once you get one, you'll find you extend your season well beyond summer. Our boat is out of the water for 4 months max.

jmvotto
06-20-2013, 11:05 PM
Ours is out 5 months and we live 1000 mile north.:o