PDA

View Full Version : Emergency cutoff switch issue

Ironcross25
06-18-2013, 02:36 PM
I've had a few times where my boat won't start. Then I play with the cut off switch under throttle next to he seat and it starts then the last time I had to fiddle with the terminals on the back. Do these switched go bad or am I just dealing with a connection that may have vibrated loose over time.? Thanks

mmandley
06-18-2013, 02:54 PM
I've had a few times where my boat won't start. Then I play with the cut off switch under throttle next to he seat and it starts then the last time I had to fiddle with the terminals on the back. Do these switched go bad or am I just dealing with a connection that may have vibrated loose over time.? Thanks

Any switch can go bad, I would just order a new one and install it, they aren't too expensive and you don't want it to finally fail on the water. Right now its warning you its going to fail.

maxpower220
06-18-2013, 02:57 PM
It's possible that it is going bad. I had the actual keyed ignition switch fail in my boat. Sometimes it would start, sometimes not. It seemed worse when the engine was cold and I thought it was a fuel issue for a while. I "found" it by just turning the switch from OFF to ON and sometimes I would hear the fuel pump, sometimes not. If I "jiggled" the key, it would activate the fuel pump.

Hope this has been some help.