PDA

View Full Version : fat sac's

motosno963
06-16-2013, 06:43 PM
so im going to add more weight to the boat this summer. As of right now i have a older fly high fat seat in the back that holds a little more then 1,000lbs and i plan to put the W703's under the bow seats, then i also plan on adding a tube sac in the walk way. all of this im just at about 2Klbs of weight..and yes i did upgrade my prop to a ACME 543 ( talked to nettles bout running 2k of weight and thats the prop i was told to get) what do yall think?
W703's http://www.wakemakers.com/fly-high-side-sacs.html
tube sac http://www.wakemakers.com/fly-high-ballast-bag-blem-60x15x10.html

chadjitsu1
06-16-2013, 07:37 PM
I think I can save you 60 bucks on a tube sack

motosno963
06-16-2013, 09:08 PM
let me know

beat taco
06-16-2013, 09:30 PM
I loved the 543 on my DD Centurion, at lower speeds it rode a little higher in the bow which made it perfect for handling rougher water and big wakes. I didn't lose much top end and she got out of the hole great when I would load it up.

motosno963
06-16-2013, 10:14 PM
there was a post in the wakeboard thread(few weeks ago) on a 01? outback with two sacks in the back and everything else im looking at getting, but since i cant put anything in the sun pad area i had picked up the fat seat(last summer)..but id like to really start surfing and i know everyone says to keep the bow full so i plan on that..just wondering about how well the seat will work for this or if i should try and sell it and get two bags for the back instead

moombadaze
06-17-2013, 08:01 AM
it this for wakeboarding or for surfing. sounds like a lot of weight for a outback

NCSUmoomba
06-17-2013, 10:48 AM
moto,

I replied to your PM, but i'll sum up here. I think it should work pretty good, just maybe a tad bow light/stern heavy.

Maybe swapping the fat seat out for a 750# fat sac (W707), or maybe even the 650# rear seat/center locker sac (W705) might work a little better? If you use the latter, you could probably still use the rear cushion up in the sunpad position. This would allow for extra peeps in the back of the boat w/o throwing the weight off balance.

It is a lot of weight for an Outback, but with careful driving, it is doable. Just make sure your bilge pump works, cuz you'll be taking water over the bow quite a bit. The bow rubrail will only be about 3" above the water level when stopped.

I have an old PM from Ed G about how he used to set up his 2003 Outback for surfing. I will see if I can forward it to you.

motosno963
06-17-2013, 08:05 PM
sounds good..i got the messages as well