PDA

View Full Version : Platform spray

Wax
06-16-2013, 01:51 PM
Hey, I recently joined the forums. I've owned a 2000 Supra Launch for 7 years. I got into wakesurfing when I first got it and just love sport!

I just upgraded to a 06 mobius LSV a couple days ago. Way better surf wake. I had my supra dialed in and it was great, but the mobius is steeper and longer, and it's easier to make without having a crap ton of ballast bags laying around in the way.

My only issue is that the platform throws a pretty serious and annoying rooster tail from the left edge. Has anybody else had this issue and know a solution? It doesn't really affect anything, it's just annoying!

Thanks

wolfeman131
06-16-2013, 07:25 PM
Buy a surf platform. They were an option in 2011 or 2012 and are now the standard

mmandley
06-17-2013, 10:32 AM
Yup that platform will always do that, as you weight the boat more and more it will be less but it will always spray.

Wax
06-17-2013, 10:41 AM
Thanks, that'd be a good idea, but I'm assuming that would cost a little mroe than I'd want to spend. Yesterday I had a few more people in the boat, and it wasn't as bad. Not sure it would be worth the money. I haven't even looked at the structure of the bottom of the platform yet, I was thinking more like glassing the bottom left side to be smooth or something.

moombahighrider
06-17-2013, 11:20 AM
Thanks, that'd be a good idea, but I'm assuming that would cost a little mroe than I'd want to spend. Yesterday I had a few more people in the boat, and it wasn't as bad. Not sure it would be worth the money. I haven't even looked at the structure of the bottom of the platform yet, I was thinking more like glassing the bottom left side to be smooth or something.

There was someone who did this and it looked like a nice job, too. Not sure how well it worked or how it lasted but it would be worth a search. He documented the process very well, if I recall.

Anyone remember who it was?

kaneboats
06-17-2013, 12:16 PM
I think it was Todd. I'll see if I can find it.

kaneboats
06-17-2013, 12:20 PM
That was easy.

https://forum.moomba.com/showthread.php?14346-Surf-Mod