PDA

View Full Version : Sad day for my tower speakers

cowboyl
06-11-2013, 10:58 PM
So doing some cleaning, dusting, and getting the boat ready for the lake and i notice im missing one of my Exile emblems.....boo that sucks, then i notice the other speaker ring is cracked ...ugh WTF then upon closer inspection my one SX65 is half delaminated and coming unglued........so my question is anyone else have this problem? speakers are used for 3 very short months up here, stored inside and been installed for a year and a half. i don't know if there is really anything else i could do short of shrink wrapping them during the cooler seasons....maybe.....i'm at a loss Brian...any ideas?

mmandley
06-11-2013, 11:08 PM
So doing some cleaning, dusting, and getting the boat ready for the lake and i notice im missing one of my Exile emblems.....boo that sucks, then i notice the other speaker ring is cracked ...ugh WTF then upon closer inspection my one SX65 is half delaminated and coming unglued........so my question is anyone else have this problem? speakers are used for 3 very short months up here, stored inside and been installed for a year and a half. i don't know if there is really anything else i could do short of shrink wrapping them during the cooler seasons....maybe.....i'm at a loss Brian...any ideas?

You would be faster to Email exile direct but since you chose the forum I will make the contact for you. Please PM ms your actual name and when you purchased these items and I'll look into out tomorrow

MLA
06-11-2013, 11:25 PM
so my question is anyone else have this problem

Over 2 seasons, we saw this with about 50% of the Exile speakers we sold. The glued used to bond the surround to the cone just didnt seem to hold up to the sun or something.

Brianinpdx
06-12-2013, 12:59 PM
Sorry guys - havent been on here in awhile. Been slammed.

@cowboy - Mike contacted our office today and let Natlie know about your problem. She is going to have our Canadian distributor get ahold of you and find a solution. Send me a email on how that turns out.

@MLA>> Dont be a hater. You sold 5 pair of tower speakers in 2 seasons. Do we need to warranty something for you?

-Brian

motosno963
06-12-2013, 03:20 PM
do you pull your tower speakers down at the end of the season and store them? i know hash weather like the cold could do work on speakers.

MLA
06-12-2013, 04:26 PM
Sorry that you see truth and accuracy as hating. About half had this problem, the rest had blown drivers or faded pods. Some on more then one occasion.

We sold 6 pairs to be exact.

Thanks for the offer to warranty anything, but all but 2 customers are rock'n a different manufacturer now.

wolfeman131
06-12-2013, 05:57 PM
Ah, nothing more entertaining than an online forum

http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u134/rebeldarlin/pissingmatch.jpg

11 Outback V
06-12-2013, 06:11 PM
I have all EXILE stuff in my boat for 2 1/2 years now and never had a problem. They even sent me cool stuff after the sale!!!!

MLA- you must be a BIG dealer, I purchased more stuff for my boat then you sold in your entire store!!!! If you have an issue a public forum is not the place to air it out, remember you too can be on the flip side of the crap throwing someday

MLA
06-12-2013, 08:11 PM
I have all EXILE stuff in my boat for 2 1/2 years now and never had a problem. They even sent me cool stuff after the sale!!!!

MLA- you must be a BIG dealer, I purchased more stuff for my boat then you sold in your entire store!!!! If you have an issue a public forum is not the place to air it out, remember you too can be on the flip side of the crap throwing someday

I am truly happy to hear that you have had 2.5 years of trouble free use out of your audio equipment. This is what we expect and deserve. Unfortunately, not all Exile customers have had the same experience. I wish you continued success.

To the contrary, I am not a big shop. I am a one man operation but I can assure you with out a doubt, that your assumption on the amount of product I move is WAY off.

You and others may not like to read what I post, but its honest, direct and to the point. Im far from PC and will not apologize for it. I'm a straight shooter here as well as with a customer that im face to face with. The OP asked if anyone had seen this problem and I answered. Sadly, more then once.

Regards,
Michael

E4NASH
06-12-2013, 08:11 PM
Uh ohhhh!!! Here we go again!

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/06/13/6a8e8yqu.jpg

beat taco
06-12-2013, 08:19 PM
I am truly happy to hear that you have had 2.5 years of trouble free use out of your audio equipment. This is what we expect and deserve. Unfortunately, not all Exile customers have had the same experience. I wish you continued success.

To the contrary, I am not a big shop. I am a one man operation but I can assure you with out a doubt, that your assumption on the amount of product I move is WAY off.

You and others may not like to read what I post, but its honest, direct and to the point. Im far from PC and will not apologize for it. I'm a straight shooter here as well as with a customer that im face to face with. The OP asked if anyone had seen this problem and I answered. Sadly, more then once.

Regards,
Michael

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/06/13/ehusa6yn.jpg

jmvotto
06-12-2013, 08:26 PM
Starting to feel like WW.

moombadaze
06-12-2013, 08:30 PM
Starting to feel like WW. at least its only happens every once in awhile vrs every thread like on ww, and it usually starts here (audio) and involves the same peeps

cowboyl
06-12-2013, 08:59 PM
hey guys ....thanks for the replys....but i really didint want this thread to become a bash session....i like the exile stuff..i think its good. i more posed the question "has this happened to anyone else " as a general look.

Oh and the unit is stored inside and they sit sraight up and down so in a natural position. this is why i was wondering if covering or sealing over the winter would be any better.

@brianinpdx - thx i will let you know what happens, can be touch and go somtimes up here.
@mmandley - thanks for the help.