PDA

View Full Version : Rad-A-Cage Tower mirror recommendation

Gabbyg88
06-10-2013, 01:55 PM
Anyone have any recommendation on a tower mirror for (1-5/8” OD) Rad-A-Cage tower? I have been reading a lot of different post about the tower mirrors, but didn’t see anyone that installed one on the Rad-A-Cage tower. I been looking at Monster Tower mount, but I am unsure about using Universal inserts, “This mount is adjustable to fit any tower with a tubing diameter of 1 ˝” to 2 ˝” and comes with universal inserts”.

mcdye
06-10-2013, 02:49 PM
I had the Monster Quick release w/ Extreme mirror on 2 boats and loved it. Quick to take off and avoid bug splats.. The universal inserts worked great.

http://shop.monstertower.com/p-37-monster-tower-mirror-mount-bracket-only.aspx

NCSUmoomba
06-10-2013, 02:53 PM
plus 1 on the Monster Tower mirror arm, fits just fine, and it is nice that it has a quick release. I have the CIPA Extreme mirror as well and really like it. I wish I could afford the PTM Edge 140 mirror though.

bergermaister
06-10-2013, 04:01 PM
Brian - do you have the old roll cage style tower on your 2001 or is it the swept back style with 3 contact points or?

I have yet to find a tower mirror arm that would work on my "roll cage" without having the mirror be clear over my head.

moombadaze
06-10-2013, 07:23 PM
I had a 2003 LSV with factory rad-a-cage tower--Monster tower arm with inserts--worked great, so good I kept it and put it on the 08 LSV. Bummed I could not put it on the 13

Kidder522
06-10-2013, 08:49 PM
I have the one from Monster. Works Great. Much better than the window mounted one. Gives you clear sight lines when driving and awesome for watching as well.

cowboyl
06-10-2013, 10:30 PM
i got the Roswell mirror, nice small arm, nice large mirror and i can move it around my tower very easily. no issues at all with it , nice overall design.

Cigars n scotch
06-11-2013, 01:17 PM
I have a CIPA mirror, came with the boat.

sicktc06
06-11-2013, 01:19 PM
i got the Roswell mirror, nice small arm, nice large mirror and i can move it around my tower very easily. no issues at all with it , nice overall design.

I'll second this one!

viking
06-11-2013, 02:18 PM
Monster Tower Mirror w/quick release on a 1-5/8 rad-a-cage tower and works great. I too purchased after a thread like this a while back.
I really like the looks of the sampson quick release billet mirror but couldn't justify it at 3 times the price of the Monster Tower mirror. Been happy for the last couple year for sure.

Hoopskier
06-11-2013, 03:38 PM
I had a mount from Bulletlines. It was OK. No quick release. Always had to loosen the clamp, swing the arm to put the tower down. I eventually ditched it. I swithed to a windshild mount, which is now my preferance. No messing with the mirror to lower the tower, and for me I can leave it on all summer. I found less mirror shake/vibrations. Tower is also lighter to swing up and down.

Gabbyg88
06-12-2013, 08:24 AM
Matt, you bring up a good point about mirror vibration which I am concerned about. I am 6’ tall, therefore I sit a little higher in the seat and the windshield mounted mirror blocks a good part of my line site. I have to adjust the way I sit and it becomes uncomfortable after a while. I went to place the order on monstertower.com for the tower mounted mirror and CIPA extreme adaptor and canceled out once I saw $30 shipping. I need to find somewhere else to get the monster tower mirror with little or no shipping cost. I just wanted to thank everyone for very helpful advice.

KSmith
06-12-2013, 12:34 PM
Another vote for the Monster Tower mirror arm, I then got the CIPA Extreme Mirror Adaptor and a CIPA 02022 Extreme 7" x 20" Marine Mirror works great!