kerryoneal
06-09-2013, 10:19 PM
2008 möbius LSV
Right rear ballast not working.

I think it is the switch.
Are they easy to change?

wolfeman131
06-09-2013, 10:21 PM
Yes, easy to swap out, but what makes you think it's the switch?

kerryoneal
06-09-2013, 11:06 PM
Well Drew when I took the rear cover off, which is underneath the rears seat, there are 3 pumps with Selinoid valves on top of them, one for the right fatsack fill, one for the center fatsack fill and one for the left fat sack fill.
Since the right was not working I unplugged the center wiring (which has a plug in to the center selinoid) and plugged this in to the right silinoid and when I flipped the center switch to fill, the right side worked. So I know it is not the pumps.
What else could it be?

Is there any sort of fuse that I should check? If so where might this fuse be?

wolfeman131
06-09-2013, 11:23 PM
That's a good start. Those style pumps with the irrigation valves can get gummed up, etc and sometimes it's the pump or the solenoid but I haven't heard of many switches burning out. Have you tried it by jumping/ bypassing the switch under the helm?

kerryoneal
06-09-2013, 11:28 PM
No. How wyd I go about doing that?

brain_rinse
06-09-2013, 11:36 PM
Hopefully this helps

kerryoneal
06-09-2013, 11:53 PM
I am not understanding what I should do?

jmvotto
06-10-2013, 08:15 AM
when you turn on the fill switch does the pump? if so the switch works if not there is a fuse under the helm for the ballast control for the fill and drain sides.

MLA
06-10-2013, 08:47 AM
Well Drew when I took the rear cover off, which is underneath the rears seat, there are 3 pumps with Selinoid valves on top of them, one for the right fatsack fill, one for the center fatsack fill and one for the left fat sack fill.
Since the right was not working I unplugged the center wiring (which has a plug in to the center selinoid) and plugged this in to the right silinoid and when I flipped the center switch to fill, the right side worked. So I know it is not the pumps.
What else could it be?

Is there any sort of fuse that I should check? If so where might this fuse be?

So you used the center switch to control the right pump/solenoid. Did you use the right switch to control the known ro work center pump/solenoid? The switch may not have its B+, therefore it will not work. Do the lights come on in either the fill or drain position? Does the drain pump work?

A 12V test light or volt meter will tell you if the switch has its B+ and is working.

kerryoneal
06-10-2013, 10:33 AM
Joe when I turn on the right side switch the red lights come on but it it does fill or it does not pump. Only the right side is not working. Is there a fuse for only the right side?

kerryoneal
06-10-2013, 10:36 AM
MLA...Correct, I used the center switch to control the right pump. When I connected the right switch to the center it did not work. Only the right side is not working. The red light does come on when i press the switch to fill or empty. However, neither the fill or drain position works.

mmandley
06-10-2013, 10:43 AM
On your switch, can you hit Drain and hear the Drain pump, because its a different pump then the fill.
If the drain pump works i would have to lean to the fact your switch is not the problem.

Yes you do have Fuses for the pumps.

Look under the dash, up above the steering column almost behind the instrument cluster is a fuse block with several fuses, this is for the ballast system.

If you do think its the switch they are not hard to remove. First order a new one through Wake Makers and then in the boat remove the 2 screws on the switch panel, then unhook all the wires off the suspect switch, it will have release tabs to pup it out of the panel, reconnect all the wires and try again.

The best way to test your switch like it sounds like you have tried is take the wire off the solenoid its currently on and put it on a Known good one, if it turns that pump on then you know the fuse, switch are good.

If it doesn't turn it on then you know you have a bad switch or fuse.

Also one last thing is pull the Switch Panel off and check those wires connections because all three bags use 1 fill pump, but 3 drain pumps. If you are turning on the Fill and no pump, then you might have a loose connection as all 3 of those switches are daisy chained to turn on the fill pump, and also open the respective solenoid

kerryoneal
06-10-2013, 11:29 AM
MMandley....On the right switch...it does not activate the fill or the drain pumps, but the red light on the switch does come on. I have connected the center switch to the right selinoid and this works. Vice Versa, I have connected the right switch to the center selinoid and it does not work. So I have concluded that it is not the pumps. The problem has to be with the switch, wiring from switch to selinoid or fuse. Do you agree?

MLA
06-10-2013, 12:37 PM
MLA...Correct, I used the center switch to control the right pump. When I connected the right switch to the center it did not work. Only the right side is not working. The red light does come on when i press the switch to fill or empty. However, neither the fill or drain position works.

A 12V test light or volt meter will eliminate all speculation and guessing. You can test the inputs to the switch, the outputs at the switch and outputs at the pump and solenoid and arrive at an exact diagnosis.

mmandley
06-10-2013, 03:36 PM
A 12V test light or volt meter will eliminate all speculation and guessing. You can test the inputs to the switch, the outputs at the switch and outputs at the pump and solenoid and arrive at an exact diagnosis.

Correct,

Kerry, on the switch it will be lit even if there is no power because the lights are daisy chained as well on those. I would have to say your down to checking the fuses on that switch under the dash and or replacing the switch.