PDA

View Full Version : 2012 GIII ballast percentage full / empty

JASONZ
06-06-2013, 10:11 AM
The percentage full /empty for the ballast in the digital cruise pro is troublesome (i dont think this is news to anyone here)
Today my center bag emptied completely, yet the display was showing 97%.:mad:
Next time I fill this bag I will have to toogle the switch on and off every thirty seconds to fill the bag up. Does anyone know how to reset these numbers?
Shutting the main power off doesnt work.
2012 outback V with 1200lb G-III

Bama Dude
06-06-2013, 10:57 AM
Good question. I sometimes have the same problem. I'm curious also.

mmandley
06-06-2013, 11:20 AM
You cant reset the number but you can go to the timers and change the timer TIME to 1 minute, this when you click the switch on it should goto 0 in that same minute.

I agree with the timer system, its one of the new features i really hate, i honestly would rather have to be concerned with burning up impellers then dealing with the timers.

I have since set my timers to 20 minutes, and i dont worry so much about the % anymore. As long as im paying attention to draining there wont be any issues.

The factory hard tank how ever should be set to 5 minutes apx

jmvotto
06-06-2013, 11:24 AM
here is a good How to video from WM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0b0Q1dhRqBU

wolfeman131
06-06-2013, 11:49 AM
On the 2012 & 2013 boats, if the gauge reads 0% with a full bag you will just need to cycle the switch on and off until the bag gets down to empty. I know it’s a pain but it’s the only way.

If the gauge reads 100% with an empty bag, you can use Mike's trick or trip the breaker to the rear PDM. This is located in the engine compartment mounted on the port side wall. You can then turn the switch to empty and the gauge will run down but the pumps will not run.

TL7
06-07-2013, 01:49 PM
I have a 2010 and the % always shows 0, whether full or empty. Does anyone know how to get it to work? In addition to that, the temp always shows the air temp. I thought it was supposed to be the water temp?

mmandley
06-07-2013, 02:00 PM
I have a 2010 and the % always shows 0, whether full or empty. Does anyone know how to get it to work? In addition to that, the temp always shows the air temp. I thought it was supposed to be the water temp?

Interesting, have you gone into the settings screen on the dash to see what the timer set point is? Im wondering if yours is the first year they had the display but still used the switching method for timers.

Air temp? I dont think mine has air temp, only water temp

TL7
06-07-2013, 02:07 PM
That's my point - it displays a temp, but the temp is the air temp rather than the water temp. I've went through just about every setting I could find. The boat came with EZ Cruise, and I bought the Digital Cruise about a year or so ago through Heidi. It was a simple plug and play, but maybe there is a conflict because of the difference in years?

wolfeman131
06-07-2013, 02:09 PM
flip the boat over & maybe you'll get it to read water temp

mmandley
06-07-2013, 02:16 PM
That's my point - it displays a temp, but the temp is the air temp rather than the water temp. I've went through just about every setting I could find. The boat came with EZ Cruise, and I bought the Digital Cruise about a year or so ago through Heidi. It was a simple plug and play, but maybe there is a conflict because of the difference in years?

My second thought on this is,
With you buying the unit after, and having digitial cruise now, the water temp is taken at the paddel wheel, it has a built in sensor so i dont understand why it wouldnt read the water temp.

The 0% i have a feeling comes from the timer control modules so you may not have that due to having the older switch based timer. It might be as simple as figuring out what lead on your connector is for the % indicator, as this is strickly a Motor ON timer to create the %. Not positive just my out loud thinking here.

Boatdrinks797
06-10-2013, 03:20 PM
Is there any issue with filling/emptying the bags while at cruising speed? I could foresee issues with filling them and having pockets of air getting into the lines leading to inaccurate % full/empty on the display screen.

mmandley
06-10-2013, 03:24 PM
Is there any issue with filling/emptying the bags while at cruising speed? I could foresee issues with filling them and having pockets of air getting into the lines leading to inaccurate % full/empty on the display screen.

I haven't had issues with air in mine, at least not that i'm aware of, you do get different flow rates on the pumps when on just battery power of if the boat is running but more then not the issue i have had are the pumps dont come on but the switch does, which tells me the timer module sometimes is failing somehow.