PDA

View Full Version : blower motor

jeff b.
05-04-2003, 07:32 PM
i saw previous post on blower motor noise but no help on getting to the motor. mine is also making noise on occasion and probably need to changeout. i have a '99 mobius (outback platform) that is inboard. there is a white pvc pipe running on driverside rear out the rear transom. is it in there? anyone know?

tn_viper
05-12-2003, 09:01 AM
Hey Jeff,

I have 1999 Mobius, just had to replace the blower motor. If you have the Balast system the motor is a pain to get to. it is in the back under the deck in the rear stroage area. The hose that hooks to the bottom of the motor isn't long enough to be able to pull the motor up to change it. So have to work hard to get it back on. Other than that it isn't that bad a job. You will need a 90 degree screwdriver to get to the one screw holding it in place.

Hope this helps.

Ronnie

jeff b.
05-12-2003, 01:37 PM
thanks for help ronnie. i'll look at it this afternoon... jeff

tn_viper
05-13-2003, 07:35 AM
No problem..

Hope you get it fixed. They are a great boat and really enjoy mine.

jeff b.
05-17-2003, 07:05 PM
found it. it is in rear behind carpet panel just below the vent. attwood 3000 is the blower. ordered one from overtons...

kaneboats
04-29-2008, 11:14 PM
Pulled the noisy blower motor the other day. All the vent hoses were broken so I just pulled them off wiht the blower. Went to put the new ones on today along with the new blower and it doesn't seem to make sense. Obviously, there is a vent hose attached to the vent grate at the top of the transom. On the driver's side the hose goes to the blower. Below the blower it goes under the floor. I pulled up the floorboard and can see a piece of pvc pipe running back from the bilge area. But, the 3" hose seems way to small to go around this pipe that looks closer to 4". Does anybody know if the hose goes over the pipe, inside it, or somewhere else? Also, does anyone know where the hose on the passenger side goes? I should have studied this when I was removing the old one and should certainly know better. I just thought it would be pretty simple (and it probably is). Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks guys!
2000 Outback LS carbuerated.