PDA

View Full Version : Summer jams

KG's Supra24
06-05-2013, 10:05 PM
What's everyone listening to this summer? Also, what are you using as your source?

We use a boat iPod for our source. Right now its playing ...

JT, drake, usher, Macklemore, Kendrick Lamar, Beyonce, wiz

Dave, govt mule, chili peppers, umphreys, john butler

Drive by truckers, lucero, devil makes three, Ryan Bingham, shovels and rope

Quite a bit of current country and contemporary hits

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

motosno963
06-05-2013, 10:10 PM
i dont know how but my buddy got me into dubstep so there some good dubstep remix songs out there thats on my boat list..theres two punk songs right now i just added to it as well..they are a justin beber boyfriend remix and a kanye west heartless song im jaming to onlybecause of hot hit hits on my system haha,along with some country haha..just saying "beber is on my list" just makes me feel dumb haha

brad460
06-05-2013, 10:11 PM
My recent fav song is by Ace Hood..Bugatti

I won't admit to liking Selena Gomez's new song...haha

motosno963
06-05-2013, 10:29 PM
you basically did haha

rdlangston13
06-05-2013, 10:50 PM
KG, I would never have considered Ryan Bingham as good wakeboarding music...

KG's Supra24
06-05-2013, 10:56 PM
KG, I would never have considered Ryan Bingham as good wakeboarding music...

I wired the boat so the stereo can play even when not running :p

rdlangston13
06-05-2013, 11:00 PM
I wired the boat so the stereo can play even when not running :p

HA HA HA. I like Ryan and all, just doesn't seem fitting for the lake, be it boarding, tie up party, or just floating

KG's Supra24
06-05-2013, 11:06 PM
HA HA HA. I like Ryan and all, just doesn't seem fitting for the lake, be it boarding, tie up party, or just floating

I like him too but he does usually get a "next" from the crew. I know what you mean.

tgoody14
06-06-2013, 06:02 AM
Ryan Bingham is where it's at for us as the sun starts to set and we all start getting into chill mode, then the LEDs come on and we really crank some of his older stuff! (Texas Country)
Also, when back home in AR we grew up in the bars front row at the Lucero concerts so that's always a crowd favorite!
When the ole lady and her friends come out its definitely the up beat hip hop (drake, lil Wayne, macklemore, BoB, Rihanna)
Here's a screen shot of my playlist names... On the border you gotta have your Reggaton (Pitbull, Daddy Yankee), Mashups are always fun and "Choir Practice" is all 80s and classic rock that ERRBODY knows and loves to sing along too... Hence the name Choir Practice! ;)

jmvotto
06-06-2013, 06:08 AM
Florida Georgia and jake Owen on the country side,
Lots of classic r&r, and pop

Moto its will.i.am, not Beiber. Lol the one with Brittany is not bad either. HA ha!

rdlangston13
06-06-2013, 07:27 AM
Ryan Bingham is where it's at for us as the sun starts to set and we all start getting into chill mode, then the LEDs come on and we really crank some of his older stuff! (Texas Country)
Also, when back home in AR we grew up in the bars front row at the Lucero concerts so that's always a crowd favorite!
When the ole lady and her friends come out its definitely the up beat hip hop (drake, lil Wayne, macklemore, BoB, Rihanna)
Here's a screen shot of my playlist names... On the border you gotta have your Reggaton (Pitbull, Daddy Yankee), Mashups are always fun and "Choir Practice" is all 80s and classic rock that ERRBODY knows and loves to sing along too... Hence the name Choir Practice! ;)

When we want to jam some Texas Country we usually turn to Casey Donahew Band, Josh Abbott Band, Kevin Fowler, Randy Roger Band, JB and the Moonshine Band, ect.... Stuff a little more upbeat than ole Ryan. I like Ryan Bingham but I am still having a hard time visualizing a scenario where he fits in on the boat. Maybe yall get WAYYYY more chill than we do haha.

tgoody14
06-06-2013, 07:50 AM
When we want to jam some Texas Country we usually turn to Casey Donahew Band, Josh Abbott Band, Kevin Fowler, Randy Roger Band, JB and the Moonshine Band, ect.... Stuff a little more upbeat than ole Ryan. I like Ryan Bingham but I am still having a hard time visualizing a scenario where he fits in on the boat. Maybe yall get WAYYYY more chill than we do haha.

I wouldn't say way more chill... Haha several of us sit around and play guitars together after getting off the water and RyanB usually gets us in that mood heading back in off the water! Songs like Sunrise, Bread and Water, Hallelujah, and Southside of Heaven (love the harmonica)

And yes! RRB, Josh Abbott, Drive by Truckers, JB and Moonshine for sure! We also throw in some Bart Crow Band, Stoney LaRue, and Cross Canadian Ragweed (who do one of the greatest covers of Reckless Kelly's "Crazy Eddie's Last Hurrah", which is a Boat Favorite)

Soooo NOW I have to ask since I didn't make it to the Texas Jam last year... Do you guys crank the Texas Country out there!? Cuz I could bring about 20GB of Texas Country on CDs for everybody to take home with them this year!!!! One of my old fraternity brothers (also one of the guitar guys I mentioned) kicked it with RyanB for a whole summer two years ago and he gave him his whole Texas Country collection (Full Albums of all the above mentioned people!)
Just throwing that out there for you Texas Country lovers!

rdlangston13
06-06-2013, 01:01 PM
I wouldn't say way more chill... Haha several of us sit around and play guitars together after getting off the water and RyanB usually gets us in that mood heading back in off the water! Songs like Sunrise, Bread and Water, Hallelujah, and Southside of Heaven (love the harmonica)

And yes! RRB, Josh Abbott, Drive by Truckers, JB and Moonshine for sure! We also throw in some Bart Crow Band, Stoney LaRue, and Cross Canadian Ragweed (who do one of the greatest covers of Reckless Kelly's "Crazy Eddie's Last Hurrah", which is a Boat Favorite)

Soooo NOW I have to ask since I didn't make it to the Texas Jam last year... Do you guys crank the Texas Country out there!? Cuz I could bring about 20GB of Texas Country on CDs for everybody to take home with them this year!!!! One of my old fraternity brothers (also one of the guitar guys I mentioned) kicked it with RyanB for a whole summer two years ago and he gave him his whole Texas Country collection (Full Albums of all the above mentioned people!)
Just throwing that out there for you Texas Country lovers!

That all depends on whose boat your own, I love to Jam my Texas Country. Nothing like being at a tie up with everyone singing Everclear by Roger Creager or Fast Cars Slow Kisses by Aaron Watson at the top of their lungs. Throw in some Casey Donahew White Trash Story, or Kyle Park Anywhere in Texas and you really have a party going. Oh, Can't forget Red Dirt by Johnny Cooper either!

rdlangston13
06-06-2013, 01:02 PM
so are you coming to the Jam this year???

tgoody14
06-06-2013, 01:38 PM
so are you coming to the Jam this year???

I plan on requesting for it off, but can't say 100% since we don't know our schedules until a week and a half in advance!

BUT if they give me that wknd off we definitely need to make sure we tie up together so we can crank that Tex Country and I'll bring my laptop to hook you up with whatever you don't have and/or want!

rdlangston13
06-06-2013, 01:41 PM
I plan on requesting for it off, but can't say 100% since we don't know our schedules until a week and a half in advance!

BUT if they give me that wknd off we definitely need to make sure we tie up together so we can crank that Tex Country and I'll bring my laptop to hook you up with whatever you don't have and/or want!

Awesome, and yeah, we will be doing a tie up for sure, we need lots of splitters and audio cables so we can link as many boats up as possible

E4NASH
06-06-2013, 07:40 PM
Awesome, and yeah, we will be doing a tie up for sure, we need lots of splitters and audio cables so we can link as many boats up as possible

Nah, everyone just needs a WS420SQ...

rdlangston13
06-06-2013, 07:47 PM
Nah, everyone just needs a WS420SQ...

is the new WS420 wirelesss? if not, you still need audio cable

E4NASH
06-06-2013, 07:49 PM
is the new WS420 wirelesss? if not, you still need audio cable

No but you don't need splitters...goes from boat to boat with a cable from one 420 to the next

rdlangston13
06-06-2013, 07:50 PM
No but you don't need splitters...goes from boat to boat with a cable from one 420 to the next

ahh yeah, but a splitter is a little cheaper....

E4NASH
06-06-2013, 07:52 PM
ahh yeah, but a splitter is a little cheaper....

#hoodrich.