PDA

View Full Version : I did it!

JoeTechie
01-22-2006, 12:06 AM
Signed the papers today and took my new 2006 Moomba Outback LSV straight to the lake!

She purred like a kitten for the 3+ hours I got in before it got dark. Perfect day for break-in. Flat glass water, cool breeze, 80+ in the sun. Slight overcast.

Oh, yeah, the boat:

2006 Outback LSV - read: no tower (I just lost about 70% of the readers of this message) no ballast (I just lost Ed G)
I know my friends and we all ski, and tube, and just enjoy the day. But I wanted the room of the V-Drive. I have 2 friends who recreationally wakeboard, and they love the wake the basic boat puts out w/ the plate 90% up.
Options:
325Hp EFI
Wake Plate
Pop-up cleats
Cd
Full cover
Perfect Pass

Navy, Navy and Platinum.

Pics will go up soon.

I am still smiling from a great day. (2 best days in a boat owners life...)

Now I need to go to bed so I can wake up and wax it tomarrow am. :)

-Joe

Buttafewcoe
01-22-2006, 04:57 AM
No tower, eh?.....You'll be getting one. As sd2 put it, these boats need a 'roll cage'

B

JoeTechie
01-22-2006, 10:42 AM
Thanks Ed.

I did think about getting 2 of those bags from Barts - they are so cheap - i think it may be worth having them around, just in case. Did you get the pumps that are listed w/ them?

I'll gladly head over to Clermont when it gets a touch warmer, and I know the boat a bit better. You are welcome to come over to Narcoosee sometime too.

Either way I'd be interested in seeing the wakesurf process, and I'm sure you would like the wake from this bigger boat. :)

-J

lanceswake
01-22-2006, 12:26 PM
Rock on Joe! Congrats on the new boat! I just bought mine brand new last summer. I've got the tower and ballast on mine, but looking to add the tower speakers & wake plate. If you've lost any readers cuz you don't have a tower or ballast then those readers can just go to the "I'm too good for you" website. I think it's awesome what you got. I've enjoyed lots of wakeboarding, wakeskating, & wakesurfing behind mine. Although it helps to have extra people on my boat and have them sit in the back to add weight for wakesurfing. Give me a shout if your boat ever makes it down to Dallas.

Smrtz
01-22-2006, 01:20 PM
Congrats!

Regardless of what options and setup you are using its the foundation that makes the difference. One thing we can all agree on is that its an amazing boat, built right that is kick @ss quality.

JoeTechie
01-23-2006, 10:25 AM
Ed,

I go to Lake Hart when I want to ski, and lake Mary Jane when I want to party.
I have been working on getting some land out there for a while. I also suggested to Rob that we might want to try having the Jamboree out there. Should be enough room, and the facilities are there.

-Joe