PDA

View Full Version : dam wakeboarders with loud music and not obeying the rules.

wolff supra21v
06-04-2013, 10:44 PM
Well the 4 rev 10's might be a little louder than i thought
and because of that we got told that the skiing ends at 7:00pm on the lake we were on. and also the fishermen did not like us swamping there john boats. and we were just wakeboarding hell we have not started surfing.
probly did not hurt one of my riders said hey it tuesday night that ski night tell them to come back tomorrow. On the small lake we ride during the week mon. wen. and fri. is for fishing and tues. thurs. and the weekend is for everything.

at least it was just warning right now.

Just a bad start on our weeknight boarding spot and to think it happened on our first night

DOCDRS
06-04-2013, 10:51 PM
glad I live in canada where no one owns the water

KG's Supra24
06-04-2013, 11:14 PM
That sounds like a terrible night. Did they stop you at the ramp or on the water?

I'm about to switch a majority of my lake time from a corp owned lake to a home infested lake. I've spent some time worrying about how the sound is going to carry. I'm over redoing the tower though.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

wolff supra21v
06-04-2013, 11:30 PM
There is no lake patrol just a lady in a shack making shore you have a city sticker on the boat. she was trying to get the fishermen to tell us to stop wakeboarding because it was after 7:00 pm. (witch sucks because one sign say sun set and the other says 7:00pm) They told her no because we swamp there boat already. my buddy's wife was standing on the dock waiting for us to pick her up while this was going one.
we got verbal warnings when we pick her up.

we do not want to rock the boat though we like this lake during the week today we were the only boat riding and there were probaly 10 other john boats and pontoon boats out there fishing.

The bad part was we did not think nothing of the music being to loud. The lake is about two miles long and my buddy's wife said she could hear it loud and clear on the dock at the other end. so i would say it travels pretty good.
we will just have to keep music low at the city lake and crank it on the river and large lakes.

bergermaister
06-05-2013, 05:16 PM
Could always do a drive by, size up / gauge the look of the fishermen, then head out cranking up some Merl Haggart or Hank Williams to appease them.

ian ashton
06-05-2013, 05:51 PM
It sounds like you were being a douche to me.

brad460
06-05-2013, 06:57 PM
Guess I am getting old..39...but I just don't get the whole loud tower speaker thing blasting out toward the back of the boat, but I guess to each their own until your loud speakers restrict me and others from using the lake.

Curious, how important is it to hear music while you are wakeboarding or surfing?

tgoody14
06-05-2013, 07:26 PM
Curious, how important is it to hear music while you are wakeboarding or surfing?

VERY!!!

If I can't be fist pumping 👊to "Thrift Shop" while surfing, my day is not complete!!!

It almost makes me surf with no effort at all... 🏄😎

muehlcj
06-05-2013, 08:07 PM
Guess I am getting old..39...but I just don't get the whole loud tower speaker thing blasting out toward the back of the boat, but I guess to each their own until your loud speakers restrict me and others from using the lake.

EXTREMELY IMPORTANT! After years of skiing/snowboarding with headphones it's so nice to surf/board and listen to tunes from the boat.

I don't like that the guys on our lake fish all over with outriggers/downriggers that make their boat footprint huge but I'm not about to tell them they can't do it.

brad460
06-05-2013, 08:19 PM
VERY!!!

If I can't be fist pumping 👊to "Thrift Shop" while surfing, my day is not complete!!!

It almost makes me surf with no effort at all... 🏄😎

Funny!!

We can't have music on because then my wife won't hear me yelling at her to slow down, speed up, watch out for that boat, look out for those swimmers, watch where your going, pay attention, turn that way, turn this way and of course...hey I fell down 5 minutes ago!! LOL

zabooda
06-05-2013, 08:21 PM
There was probably a reason no other wake boats were out there. You have to remember you can mess with the locals but the locals know which rig is yours at the launch.

Afterlooking up the lyrics for Thrift Shop, I'm surprised more problems didn't arise. You may not be a guest there anymore. You know what I'm sayin?

tgoody14
06-05-2013, 09:00 PM
Afterlooking up the lyrics for Thrift Shop, I'm surprised more problems didn't arise. You may not be a guest there anymore. You know what I'm sayin?

Haha you mean "...people be like, damn... that's a cold a** honkey" is inappropriate blasting from my towers!?!? Who woulda thought... ;)

I listen to ALL kinds of music and have different playlists for different ages/genres/moods! I tend to like songs because up the upbeat tempo then after hearing them a few times I'm like... Wait a minute, did he just say that...

And Brad - I feel your pain man! Same situation here on Lake Amistad. There's an Air Force Academy here full of 18-20yr olds who are away from home for the first time and they all get out here together and rent boats on the weekends and its a madhouse going across the main channels.

KG's Supra24
06-05-2013, 09:34 PM
EXTREMELY IMPORTANT! After years of skiing/snowboarding with headphones it's so nice to surf/board and listen to tunes from the boat.

I really like jammin out surfing. Its nice to have music while riding also. Sometimes its fun to take control of the music selection in a tie up area when some dbag is playing bad music :)

Its all about the scenario and being respectful. We have spots where noone could hear you for miles and others where you would annoy 20+ houses. Some situations call for Macklemore, drake, and jt... Others call for chili peppers, umphreys, and Taylor swift.

Not really a that situation that calls for my 5 yo screaming through microphone but it happens also. I think I'm the most annoyed by that though.

loudsubz
06-09-2013, 10:13 PM
lol @ the comments about it being necessary to wakesurf

I don't mind music, but for the most part you can be heard all over the lake unless you have a big open body of water, not everyone wants to listen to your tunes

E4NASH
06-10-2013, 08:12 AM
There was probably a reason no other wake boats were out there. You have to remember you can mess with the locals but the locals know which rig is yours at the launch.

That's why there's a Radio Edit version... ;-)

E4NASH
06-10-2013, 08:14 AM
Not really a that situation that calls for my 5 yo screaming through microphone but it happens also. I think I'm the most annoyed by that though.

Be careful with that because that will blow a set of towers quick!