PDA

View Full Version : Issue with wakeplate

TL7
06-03-2013, 02:57 PM
Ran into an issue yesterday. We'd been on the boat for about an hour or two, and had been surfing for probably an hour or less at this point. The wakeplate would not go up, only down (to the normal cruising position). I did a brief search on here and tried jiggling wires on the lever, looked for a blown fuse, etc, and came up with nothing. Had a boat full of people, so went back to just enjoying the day.

Fast forward to when we were getting ready to go home. Drained everything, and tried the wakeplate again and it worked normally.

My initial thought process (I haven't had a chance to mess with it yet, got home after dark and washed the boat and that was it) is that there is a fluid reservoir for the hydraulics that may need fluid. Possibly due to listing to surf it was low enough that the rams wouldn't engage to move it to the up position? Anyone have any thoughts as to what I should look for? Heading home in a few hours and will begin the search.

kojack
06-03-2013, 03:14 PM
There is a Fluid reservoir. Mine on my 03' LSV was next to the ski pole on my V-drive on the left side if your looking in from the platform. Hope this help

mcdye
06-03-2013, 03:47 PM
'10 is an electric actuator. Mine started acting up, intermittently working... had to replace it. I took the old one apart and water had got into it. Uses 2 wires, reverses polarity to make it extend and retract.

TL7
06-04-2013, 03:21 PM
So if mine is an electric actuator, is there anything I can "test" to see if it's going bad?

mmandley
06-04-2013, 10:06 PM
ive been having issues with my Mojo plate its electric as well and it will just randomly go down on its own. Normally happens when we slow down after surfing and someone falls

mcdye
06-05-2013, 08:22 AM
So if mine is an electric actuator, is there anything I can "test" to see if it's going bad?

The dealership replaced mine, but took the old one home. I took the lead wires to a battery, sometimes it would work and not. The tore into and found water had got in there.

mcdye
06-05-2013, 08:24 AM
ive been having issues with my Mojo plate its electric as well and it will just randomly go down on its own. Normally happens when we slow down after surfing and someone falls

Is the really the Wplate changing OR are you going by the gauge says? I am having a similar issue but it seems to be the gauge jumping around.

mmandley
06-05-2013, 09:02 AM
Is the really the Wplate changing OR are you going by the gauge says? I am having a similar issue but it seems to be the gauge jumping around.

No the wake really is dropping somehow, we noticed it on the goofy wave first because it would be all washed out and then i noticed the plate was down.

Last time we were out it did it on the regular side too. I'm thinking its more the switch and the steering having an issue.

TL7
06-05-2013, 01:24 PM
Where is the actuator located? Is it right inside the transom near the rams themselves?

mcdye
06-05-2013, 01:57 PM
Where is the actuator located? Is it right inside the transom near the rams themselves?

The actuator is the part that moves the plate. On my '10 there was only 1 actuator.

TL7
06-05-2013, 03:05 PM
Ahh ok. I was thinking of some electronic piece. Didn't realize the ram itself was electronic. Now I understand! Pardon the ignorance it's been a long week already!

rdlangston13
06-05-2013, 04:27 PM
mike, i thought one the newer units the plate drops when you slow down to help you get back on plain and then resumes the previous setting once the speed control gets to speed??

mmandley
06-05-2013, 05:53 PM
mike, i thought one the newer units the plate drops when you slow down to help you get back on plain and then resumes the previous setting once the speed control gets to speed??

Only on the Supra boats, i was hoping this was the issue with mine and i just wasnt aware but after talking to the dealer and some others the Moomba wake plates are still set it and forget it.

Supra does lower it when you come off plane and raises back to your setting after you throttle up.

moombadaze
06-05-2013, 06:38 PM
No the wake really is dropping somehow, we noticed it on the goofy wave first because it would be all washed out and then i noticed the plate was down.

Last time we were out it did it on the regular side too. I'm thinking its more the switch and the steering having an issue.

Mike, same issues here.

I set the plate, pull the surfer, surfer falls, idle back, start surfing and the plate has moved. Strange.

Wonder if it some kind of program feature???, the wires for the wakeplate run into the control unit if I remember correctly that is for the ballast timers.

rdlangston13
06-05-2013, 11:17 PM
Only on the Supra boats, i was hoping this was the issue with mine and i just wasnt aware but after talking to the dealer and some others the Moomba wake plates are still set it and forget it.

Supra does lower it when you come off plane and raises back to your setting after you throttle up.

from what you just described it sounds like the Supra is set it and forget it, the Moomba is set it and remember it

mmandley
06-06-2013, 09:03 AM
from what you just described it sounds like the Supra is set it and forget it, the Moomba is set it and remember it

maybe, all depends how you look at it, When i was in Bradds Supra i checked it every pull to make sure it was back in its position because i knew it moved.

In the LSV i set it and never looked again till i wanted to adjust it, so it all depends how you want to look at the situation

mmandley
06-07-2013, 02:38 PM
AWS called me today and said SC wants to warrenty the PDM module, I guess this is something that controls the wake plate. We will see if it fixes the problem, ill have to find out when they can fix it.

Maybe i can get my intermitant Check Engine Light to come on for them LOL. It works all day when i have the boat but never works when they have it LOL