PDA

View Full Version : Hour meter

kregstrong
06-03-2013, 02:00 PM
I have a 2009 lsv, does the hour meter run with the key on? And does it run when the key is on acc? I never have checked and I keep forgetting. Trying to see how many hours my boat has on the motor

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

bergermaister
06-03-2013, 02:12 PM
Should only be when the engine is actually running.

maxpower220
06-03-2013, 02:54 PM
I haven't checked this boat, but all of the other boats have run the hour meter in the ON position. So, if you accidentaly leave it to on after shutting off the engine, it ran the hour meter. Not in the ACC position.

The Moomba could be different. I know my friend added about 75 hours to his TIGE after one weekend of cleaning.

If you have a question, the ECU logs engine hours that are running. So, if you left the key on, you can get the difference in boat hours and engine hours.

KRAK
06-03-2013, 11:16 PM
If you have a question, the ECU logs engine hours that are running. So, if you left the key on, you can get the difference in boat hours and engine hours.

Is that something that only the dealer (shop) can find out?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

maxpower220
06-04-2013, 07:38 AM
The dealer or if you have the proper scan tool (I don't know what that is specific to Indmar engines).

mmandley
06-04-2013, 11:23 AM
I use to worry about this with the LSV and i can tell you its only when the Engine is physically running, In the older boats it might be due to key position from a lack of computers but the newer 08 and up is only when the engine is running.

With the new style pumps and such if you have a Supra the engine has to be running to even fill and drain the ballast, that how it is on Bradd Webbs 21V

In the Mojo with the new dash that shows fill levels, you have to ahve the key on to see the display but the pumps work with the key off.

When i go out today ill see if my hour meter runs with the key is on and engine is off, but im pretty positive its only when the engine its self is physically running.

kregstrong
06-04-2013, 11:54 AM
I use to worry about this with the LSV and i can tell you its only when the Engine is physically running, In the older boats it might be due to key position from a lack of computers but the newer 08 and up is only when the engine is running.

With the new style pumps and such if you have a Supra the engine has to be running to even fill and drain the ballast, that how it is on Bradd Webbs 21V

In the Mojo with the new dash that shows fill levels, you have to ahve the key on to see the display but the pumps work with the key off.

When i go out today ill see if my hour meter runs with the key is on and engine is off, but im pretty positive its only when the engine its self is physically running.

Awesome thanks. I figured it would be with only engine running but u never know.