PDA

View Full Version : Orange and Red Spots on Vinyl

smorris7
05-31-2013, 10:27 AM
Ok, I know this may have been covered before. I have these tiny orange spots coming through on the vinyl. One on tghe back deck and a couple on the front verticle side on the seats. I have read quite a bit about this on various sites. Not good. This is a 2012 Mojo the has been on the water maybe 8 to 10 times. Why is this happening and what can be done? Is this a warranty issue. Seems like a problem with the type of vinyl being used at variuos manufactures. Apparently it is some kind of micro organism or a type of mold spore living under the vinyl. I am a little ticked about this since its a brand new boat. Seems like these manufactures would have this under control since its been going on for several years according to other sites. Any ideas would be appreciated.

brain_rinse
05-31-2013, 10:30 AM
Have you talked with your dealer about it yet?

smorris7
05-31-2013, 11:14 AM
Have you talked with your dealer about it yet?

I havent yet, I thought I would get alittle feedback before I went this route so I would know what I was dealing with. Apperently this is an epidemic especially in the warmer humid climates. Wanted to see how many others were having this problem with SC boats. BU, Mastercraft and a few others are all having issues.

mmandley
05-31-2013, 11:38 AM
Think i red someplace on here a guy got his boat with those colored spots, and it tunred out to be mold, and as long as your the original owner and the boat is less then 1 year the interiror is covered under warrenty and i would talk to your dealer.

brain_rinse
05-31-2013, 11:38 AM
I've only seen one other post on this topic around here so don't think it's very widespread. I'd get in touch with your dealer today and get the issue resolved.

wolfeman131
05-31-2013, 01:54 PM
all the major manufacturers use the same vinyl supplier and it sounds as though the problem may originate there vs as the boat factories

pdx 12mojo
05-31-2013, 03:03 PM
Sounds like we may have the same issue.

https://forum.moomba.com/showthread.php?t=22134

sent from my Galaxy Note 2 using Tapatalk 2

smorris7
05-31-2013, 03:09 PM
Sounds like we may have the same issue.

https://forum.moomba.com/showthread.php?t=22134

Yes I believe so. If you google it there is a ton of info out there. It seems the only fix is to replace the vinyl. I just hope my dealership will take care of it.

pdx 12mojo
05-31-2013, 03:28 PM
My dealer has said they will replace it. I just took some pictures of it and emailed it to them. I am just worried that these stains may just keep coming back in various places on the boat after the 1 year warranty. I wonder what will happen in that situation

kaneboats
05-31-2013, 03:48 PM
Well, if it was me, I'd send them a letter confirming that the condition of the vinyl is known and has been brought to their attention during the warranty period. Thus, if they want to replace all of the vinyl now you will certainly go along with that. But, that's just me.

98Roo
06-01-2013, 08:41 AM
I had a bunch of people in my boat one day last year and a bunch of pink/orange spots showed up and nothing will take them out. This was on new reupholstered seats. Everything I have read on these spots points to spray on sunscreen. I know one person was using it that day and it was only on a few seat bottoms and one back. It seems the only thing that will get rid these spots is sun and time.