PDA

View Full Version : Memphis, TN wake shop???

tgoody14
05-30-2013, 03:18 PM
I'm home on vacation this week in Arkansas and I'm about to head over to Memphis and would like to pick up a WakeSurf board (surf style) while I'm there to save on shipping? I'll be there tonight and tomorrow showing the ole lady Beale St and seeing some college friends!

Any ideas on where to go?

Also, throw out some boards I should check out while I'm there guys...
I've grown out of the Broadcast and looking for something faster!

blackout_58
05-30-2013, 04:58 PM
Memphis boat center is the only place in Memphis that I go to, and they have slim pickings when it comes to variety of boards. They do have some inventory, but nothing that will blow your mind. Hopefully they have enough for your needs, if not you may have to go farther east(Nashville) for a larger selection. Let me know if I can help out otherwise.

KG's Supra24
05-30-2013, 05:07 PM
You should definitely try to pick up a Three 6 designed board while you are in their town. :cool:

E4NASH
05-30-2013, 05:38 PM
Man, as a former resident of Memphis I would have to advise you to head over to Hot Springs and go to Diamond Lakes Watersports they have a great pro-shop and all ride so they know what they are talking about and are cool guys.

When I lived there I would've drug my boat 3.5 hours to Hot Springs for service just so I wouldn't have to deal with Memphis Boat Center. Customer service as well as their shop is WEAK...

KG I think a Ridin' Spinners themed one would be perfect!

tgoody14
05-30-2013, 06:07 PM
Guess I'll stop by the Memphis Boat Center while I'm there, but I can't make the Hot Springs drive. Already gave KG the heads up and we'll be driving back across TX alllllll day Sun... Wonder if anything would be open on Sun in Dallas, Austin, or SanAn since I'll be driving through there....?.... Possibly...

And yea a Three 6 Mafia board on spinners!!! That ishh crayy

tgoody14
06-02-2013, 01:13 PM
Well... Memphis didn't have much to see the other day and we just stopped by Texas Ski Ranch outside San Antonio and they had all kinds of options!!!

After talking with the guys there about what I was looking for and what I wanted to spend! They hooked me up with a discounted New Ronix Koal 5.0 left over from last year!

I didn't take a pic of it cuz they wrapped it up and boxed it for me, but here's a pic from google

jpetty3023
06-02-2013, 03:14 PM
good looking board

Sent from this thing called tapatalk 2

tgoody14
06-02-2013, 07:06 PM
We actually left AR early and we ended up hitting Temple around 1am last night or I would've given you a shout J!

jpetty3023
06-03-2013, 08:46 AM
man I was by the phone all day waiting and nothing!! glad y'all had a safe trip and found a sweet board along the way

Sent from this thing called tapatalk 2

parrothd
06-03-2013, 11:56 AM
Well... Memphis didn't have much to see the other day and we just stopped by Texas Ski Ranch outside San Antonio and they had all kinds of options!!!

After talking with the guys there about what I was looking for and what I wanted to spend! They hooked me up with a discounted New Ronix Koal 5.0 left over from last year!

I didn't take a pic of it cuz they wrapped it up and boxed it for me, but here's a pic from google

I have the 2011 version, that board is a lot of fun... :)

SEARK
06-05-2013, 12:38 PM

I bought the same board last summer and love it.

tgoody14
06-05-2013, 02:11 PM
That's great to hear guys! We're y'all able to go rope less for a majority of the time on this board once you got your wave all dialed in!?

I've only been out once with it so far but we had no weight upfront with 1100lb in the back surf side and ski locker full so the pocket was kind of hard to find/stay in! Gonna throw the 2 400lb bags on the floor in the bow this wknd, should help out...

KG's Supra24
06-05-2013, 02:49 PM
That board is easily rideable ropeless once you get a good wave. I rode one a couple years back and liked it quite a bit. It is a little more stable than my Walker.