PDA

View Full Version : I need a cushion repaired

Cigars n scotch
05-29-2013, 04:19 PM
Last winter I had a mouse chew an edge of my seat and also a small piece of the rolled trim piece and never got it fixed. I'd like to get it repaired and am not sure where to start or who to contact so I figured I'd ask you folks first?

bergermaister
05-29-2013, 04:46 PM
Take it out
Drive to the most seedy part of town
Here you'll find an upholstery shop
Pull out your handgun of choice, chamber a round, and replace in holster, safety off.
Slowly approach the front door
A guy surrounded in a cloud of cigarette smoke will act annoyed that you're there
Take a look at what you've got, "$200" with a grunt is all you'll hear
You leave the cushion on his bench with your name and number on a post-it note.
Slowly back out of the door, check both ways, and bolt for your truck.
Then you won't see or hear anything for at least a month

newty
05-29-2013, 05:22 PM
Pretty much! Lol

Sent from my iPhone 5... ya right!

parrothd
05-29-2013, 05:54 PM
Bring a friend as backup aka witness..

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

eblom
05-29-2013, 07:39 PM
I had a bad panel on one of my cushions and took it to a local upholstery shop. They couldnt match up the vinyl bc the color in my 08 had been discontinued. I bought a yard from SC thru a dealer and had the panel replaced. I think they charged me 50.00 to sew it in...

Cigars n scotch
05-29-2013, 10:34 PM
I had a bad panel on one of my cushions and took it to a local upholstery shop. They couldnt match up the vinyl bc the color in my 08 had been discontinued. I bought a yard from SC thru a dealer and had the panel replaced. I think they charged me 50.00 to sew it in...

Thanks. For the other responses, thanks for the no help lol.

maxpower220
05-30-2013, 07:30 AM

I'm not sure why you think that is no help. It pretty well sums up most shops that I have been to. Only the smoke from cigerettes fills then entire workshop. Just be prepared that the shop doing work on your boat (parts) may not appear to be capable of doing anything quality.

The only place I have found to be more seedy was the fiberglass/gelcoat guy. Great work, but smoke must ward off the effects of fiberglass resin fumes or something.

kaneboats
05-30-2013, 10:15 AM
The upholsterer usually works on motorcycle seats and occasionally an old lazyboy chair. If you are a fancy pants boater you can get them to do the work if you pay cash and beg and are willing to wait. Best to go in a couple weeks before Christmas and tell 'em you'll pay in cash (probably won't be using the boat much then and nobody is spending money on their motorcycle seats at that time of year).

beat taco
05-30-2013, 11:02 AM
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/05/30/hy2ehu8e.jpg

mmandley
05-30-2013, 12:38 PM
Last winter I had a mouse chew an edge of my seat and also a small piece of the rolled trim piece and never got it fixed. I'd like to get it repaired and am not sure where to start or who to contact so I figured I'd ask you folks first?

Honestly i would call your Dealer, see if they can get you the matieral, if not then let me know i have some contacts to get things such as these.

Then you can take it to an upholstery shop and get it fixed.

wolfeman131
05-30-2013, 12:59 PM

C&S, I apologize for all the silly replies that were of no help to you. This is all you really need:

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k232/jackson029483/tape_duct.jpg (http://media.photobucket.com/user/jackson029483/media/tape_duct.jpg.html)

maxpower220
05-30-2013, 01:12 PM
You know, they make that stuff in white, black, and plenty of "matching" colors

Cigars n scotch
05-30-2013, 01:28 PM
You guys are funny.

Mike that is where I will start, thanks.

kaneboats
05-30-2013, 01:46 PM
i have some contacts to get things such as these.

See if you can find out who made the sandrock vinyl in 2008. My dealer is gone. I checked on ordering one cushion cover and it was something like $350. Lotta dough for one small hole. I'd rather just replace the damaged panel and put the cover back on.

mmandley
05-30-2013, 02:10 PM
See if you can find out who made the sandrock vinyl in 2008. My dealer is gone. I checked on ordering one cushion cover and it was something like $350. Lotta dough for one small hole. I'd rather just replace the damaged panel and put the cover back on.

Which cusion is it? I had a small tear fixed in my LSV engine cover and it was 150 total, you would never known it was tore and that was after 3 summers of covering it with our towel LOL

kaneboats
05-30-2013, 02:37 PM
Starboard side, rear seat cushion -- the kinda long one that jams way up under the backrest in the corner. It's only damaged on the easy, flat sandrock colored part, not on the fatter inside edge. Would be fairly easy to fix. I had cut a tiny circle of material from the back of the driver's seat cushion where there was extra material and glued it in the hole but it came out the other day so it looks terrible.

mmandley
05-30-2013, 02:39 PM
Starboard side, rear seat cushion -- the kinda long one that jams way up under the backrest in the corner. It's only damaged on the easy, flat sandrock colored part, not on the fatter inside edge. Would be fairly easy to fix. I had cut a tiny circle of material from the back of the driver's seat cushion where there was extra material and glued it in the hole but it came out the other day so it looks terrible.

I can see if they can get the matching material but honestly to do it right, i would ship it here for the guy i use to fix it then ship it back LOL.

kaneboats
05-30-2013, 02:58 PM
I have a guy that can make covers. I'll strip it and put it back on myself. I keep stainless staples for these jobs. All the upholstery guy has to do is remove and replace the damaged part of the cover and sew it back up. He did a great job on all the covers on my Outback. The curved one piece backrest on the back seat was a major PITA but he got it to fit perfectly. It looked fantastic.

mmandley
05-30-2013, 03:20 PM
OK well ill see if i can find the color you need, i know the color because its the same as my 08 had in it.

kaneboats
05-30-2013, 03:53 PM
Thanks, Mike! That would be a big help. I still love the color b/c it's great with the grimy curtain climbers. I'll never forget when I first saw the boat. It was inside the shop behind the showroom at the dealer in Orlando. From the online pics I was sure (and I think the info even said) the interior was platinum. It looked faded and the boat color looked a little washed out. When I saw it in person it looked much more mocha and much less gray. I loved it. Still do.

kaneboats
06-04-2013, 01:39 PM
Was just in the boat looking at a tower speaker and saw the ugly hole in the cushion. I remembered this thread. Since Malo helps me with everything else (story coming later in the week) I thought I'd give him a nudge on this one again. LOL!

mmandley
06-04-2013, 01:54 PM
Was just in the boat looking at a tower speaker and saw the ugly hole in the cushion. I remembered this thread. Since Malo helps me with everything else (story coming later in the week) I thought I'd give him a nudge on this one again. LOL!

Just sent my guy another message, im headed in his direction if he doesnt answer by end of lunch i will go by the shop.

kaneboats
06-04-2013, 02:31 PM
Yeah! Go get him!

Grant M
06-04-2013, 07:43 PM
I have been trying to replace my rear sundeck skins and rear port side seat skin since Feb. 13th. SC is apparently busy with production and will try and fit my order in...... Don't they know that summer doesn't last very long up here!!!! :o(

mmandley
06-04-2013, 09:52 PM

Talked to my guy today, PMed you his email and the info you need to send him, he said no problem getting the skins as he just ordered some for an 07 last week.

beat taco
06-05-2013, 01:00 AM
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/06/05/y3uzu9av.jpg