PDA

View Full Version : Looking to upgrade from a HL Broadcast...

eblom
05-29-2013, 01:33 PM
I am looking for some board suggestions to upgrade from my Broadcast. Its been a good board to learn on but I want to get something better... Unfortunately there isnt any demo options around me so I am kind of lost as to which direction to go... I am 6'5 220 and have a 2008 LSV with 1100s and the IBS so my wave is pretty good. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

kregstrong
05-29-2013, 01:53 PM
I just upgraded from a hl broadcast to a phase 5 danielo diamond. Loving it so far, skim style board. Ive only been surfing for a month or so but got the p5 last week and am enjoying the loose feel when free riding. Im 5'8 180 with a 09 lsv stock ballast

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

wolfeman131
05-29-2013, 02:33 PM
Phase 5 Model X is a nice board that would fit you well. 3 fin configuration to let you try different setups. They call is a hybrid as it has some skim & some surf characteristics. Triple X Nitro/Slayer, Inland Surfer Red Rocket or go custom with a Soulcraft, Walker or Doomswell surf style board.

eblom
05-29-2013, 04:07 PM
Thanks Drew... So you are thinking a surf style or hybrid is the way to go given my size, wave, and current board?... Is the Broadcast a hybrid type board? I want to be able to generate more speed and pop up off the face of the wave... I appreciate the advice and insight...

sandm
05-29-2013, 04:10 PM
i'd go surf style if you are wanting to get off the face. xxx makes some solid entry surf style boards that won't break the bank. try that for a few months, then use it as a learner board and pop for a custom from soulcraft.. etc...

mmandley
05-29-2013, 08:29 PM
i'd go surf style if you are wanting to get off the face. xxx makes some solid entry surf style boards that won't break the bank. try that for a few months, then use it as a learner board and pop for a custom from soulcraft.. etc...

Yup my thoughts exactly.

eblom
05-30-2013, 03:33 PM
What do you guys think about the Triple X Slayer Pro X? Would that work for me? What size?

bergermaister
05-30-2013, 04:13 PM
Go with the 5' for sure if you do. Rode a Triple X, either Slayer or Slasher, last summer and it was a lot of fun, easy to ride, felt fast to me. I should have been trying for more airs on it instead of 360s.