PDA

View Full Version : Stainless steel upgrade

pullmyfingers
01-17-2006, 10:01 PM
Has anyone put stainless steel cupholders, grab handles, etc. on their boat in place of the standard plastics? I was thinking about switching these on my '05 Outback as long as it is not too expensive. I spoke with my local dealer and he "thinks" that the Supra stainless steel in that boat will fit on the Moomba.

pullmyfingers
01-18-2006, 08:52 PM
Beuller.......Fry......Anyone.......Anyone........ .

pullmyfingers
01-19-2006, 05:20 PM
Okay. After 73 veiws and no replies I am beginning to realize that this was a stupid question. I will also tell you that I won't be trying this since no one else has. I was basically looking for a good reason to bring my toy (Boat) out and play with it. The plastic looks fine to me.

smokedog2
01-19-2006, 05:29 PM
Like I tell the wife. At the end of the kitchen remodel, we still have one kitchen, we just paid for two (she hates that).

Just go to e-bay and add to your toy collection. I got three goggles from barts. One floating sunglass set will be a valentine gift for the wife. What does she expect, she's got her kitchen.

SD2

qb12
01-19-2006, 05:37 PM
SD2, Be nice.

Yes I do think they will fit.

doug, t-town

smokedog2
01-19-2006, 08:14 PM
My theory is that if they do not fit, you have to buy a new Supra for the handles.

Thats how my wife got the new kitchen, the new frig would not fit in the whole left by the old one. The rest is history.

It should work for boats as well;)

SD2

pullmyfingers
01-20-2006, 12:02 AM
Smokedog2,

That is hilarious. The wife and I are thinking about updating the kitchen but I am not quite as bold as you are about the explanation. You see, she wanted a used pontoon boat for 5k and I spent 5x that amount on a boat. She enjoys it too, but it will take a 2nd mortgage to repay my "debt".

No upgrades for the boat. Period. Thanks for putting it in those words.

qb12
01-20-2006, 01:46 PM
SD2, That is what happened to me. I ordered grab rails and of course they did not fit so had to buy a new boat.

smokedog2
01-20-2006, 02:08 PM
Wow, I expected posts like "what works for the wife does not work for the hubbie," or “Na, I’ll just hear about those stupid boat parts for six years,” or maybe even some guy building a Supra like Johnny Cash built his Cadillac. I never thought it would actually work!

PMF,

Final insult to injury - the “new” frig did not “go with” the motif of the “new” kitchen. The “new” frig now sits in the garage and the “new new” frig sits in the “new” kitchen.

SD2

I guess I can now laugh at this. That was not always the case.

Buttafewcoe
01-20-2006, 02:34 PM
Geez, you guys are going stir-crazy. I mean I've seen cabin fever before, maybe even experienced it once or twice. Y'all gotz it bad, I tell ya what.
Good news tho......not much longer till spring. 70 degrees here in NC today.
BTW on those SS rubrails........I believe they are just nickle coated, not SS through and through. I got a scratch on a spot and it started rusting.
B