PDA

View Full Version : Sub install in a 2006 moomba outback

newmoomba
05-23-2013, 02:21 PM
Thanks in advance for your help.. I am looking to install a sub in the drivers side console. How is the best way to run the wire to get it from the drivers side to the passanger side?

motosno963
05-23-2013, 02:54 PM
there should be a pass way behind the observation seat that gos under the bow walkway..if you have weed eater string just run that through and tape the speaker wire to it and pull it

viking
05-23-2013, 03:02 PM
pull the starboard bow cushion and open up the port observers compartment door. You will be able to see (and feel on both sides) the opening that goes all the way through under the walkway to the bow. Eazy Peazy!!
FWIW - If your considering putting a sub in the foot rest you might want to rethink the idea of a sealed or ported box in it's place or installed on top of the footrest. You'll be much happier in the long run.

Sampp1963
06-03-2013, 06:47 PM
I just install my amp also on my outback 2006.....I didn't know there was a pass way. I passed my wires from one side to another under the seat in the bow!! I also build a small box for the sub.... I'm 6'3" and it not in the way at all

Sampp1963
06-03-2013, 06:51 PM
Here some more pictures174501745117452

Jughead
06-18-2013, 03:19 PM
to tag onto this thread,......could I ground my amp on the buss bar under my console? and mount it near the sub?

mmandley
06-18-2013, 03:30 PM
to tag onto this thread,......could I ground my amp on the buss bar under my console? and mount it near the sub?

I don't recommend it as you will most likely get noise from the engine, blow fan, and wake plate.

Jughead
06-18-2013, 03:42 PM
Thank mmandley!

I am already getting popping thru speakers when I use wake plate. I cannot figure out why that is happening either

MLA
06-18-2013, 07:01 PM

Absolutely not. The cables feeding the helm buss are only intended to carry the load of the boat systems and some additional low current draw accessories. They are not sufficient to carry the load of an amp that might be drawing 50A of current. The amp's ground cable needs to terminate directly to a battery ground. The amp's B+ needs to terminate directly to a battery B+ post or dual battery switch, depending on your specific setup.

MLA
06-18-2013, 07:12 PM
Thank mmandley!

I am already getting popping thru speakers when I use wake plate. I cannot figure out why that is happening either

Your pop is most likely caused by the wake plate motor itself. Its a relatively simple fix that involves wiring in a couple of CAPs across the switch. Try doing a search here as I think Phil with Kicker has posted on this subject a few times and has specs on the CAP's and a wiring diagram.

Jughead
06-18-2013, 07:14 PM
Thanks guys!

Sent via smoke signal using my Zach Morris brick phone.