PDA

View Full Version : Shipping costs for Bimini from Skier Choice to dealer $200?!

brad460
05-20-2013, 09:26 PM
So I ordered a new factory Bimini top from my local dealer and they were charged $200 to ship from skiers choice to the dealer...I was kind of shocked because I may have purchased an aftermarket Bimini if I knew I was going to pay an extra $200 for just the shipping.

The dealer did give me a 25% discount on the shipping..so I should say $150 for shipping ..

Does this sound right?! Did my dealer get over charged? Did I get over charged?

kevkev
05-20-2013, 09:30 PM
Maybe if it was overnight, but if not it sounds a little high. I know sometimes they hit you with an oversize charge, so if you ordered a cargo Bimini and it was shipped assembled it could be right.

wolfeman131
05-20-2013, 09:32 PM
Its due to the size. The dealer should have known and informed you upfront, IMO but I'm not surprised about the cost.

maxpower220
05-21-2013, 07:46 AM
Wait, the dealer was charged $200, but gave you a discount of $50. I pretty sure that it doesn't work that way. Dealers pass along their cost plus their profit. Some may dip into their profit for your discount. No dealer (or business) can sell stuff at a 25% loss.

If your box still has the shipping label, check it and see if you can find the actual cost.

wolfeman131
05-21-2013, 11:12 AM
yeah, they probably gave you a discount off the total sale (bimini + shipping) and told you it was for the shipping.

Hoopskier
05-21-2013, 11:57 AM
I ordered a bimini a while back from the dealer. They mentioned to me, that the shipping would be pricey. I was given shipping option B, wait until it they recieved another boat from SC, they would just put my bimini in the boat-no shipping cost. The downfall was the unknow timeframe as it was late in the season. I chose option B as I was in no hurry, and would rather have the savings.

bergermaister
05-21-2013, 12:54 PM
Yikes on shipping... Depending on the cost of the bimini itself anyone else doing this may consider having it custom made locally. Pricewise you may come in under what a factory one runs you.

brad460
05-21-2013, 01:31 PM
Thanks for the replies...sounds like the shipping costs were in line.

The dealer did give me a discount on the bimini AND a discount on the shipping...so no complaint with them as I shouldnt expect them to cover the shipping.

I was going to do a custom bimini..but the price I was orignally quoted on the bimini was cheaper than custom....that is until the shipping costs were added.

sandm
05-21-2013, 01:35 PM
long story short, when I bought my '06, it didn't have a bimini and dealer(out of state) promised it to me. they screwed up and ordered the wrong one. they ordered the correct one and when I asked about returning the wrong one, they told me to keep it as return costs would not be worth them trying to sell it. said it was $250 or so to send it back ups.

ended up getting $100 in store credit from my local dealer a year later after I gave them a chance to sell and ship out of my house :)