PDA

View Full Version : Mobius bilge/ballast?

Boatdrinks797
05-20-2013, 01:59 PM
Picked up the new boat this past weekend and I can't figure out what the 3 starboard and 1 port side holes are for directly under the rub rail. I assume one of them is for the bilge and I thought the other 3 would be for the ballast pumps, but after messing around with it on the water I see the ballast empties under the boat. What are the other 3 holes for?

moombadaze
05-20-2013, 02:10 PM
1 is for bilge-right under the gas fill on my boat, other 3 are for balast vents

wolfeman131
05-20-2013, 02:26 PM
Yep, you didn't do enough messing around! Fill those sacs.

Boatdrinks797
05-20-2013, 02:57 PM
Ahhh...ballast vents, that makes sense. I was very impressed with the boat so far. We only managed to put a couple hours on it this past weekend. The electric winch on the lift shorted out and someone already backed into my 1 day old trailer. I guess that can only mean one thing...Summer is back and it's a typical weekend at the lake with something going wrong!

wolfeman131
05-20-2013, 03:11 PM
Summer is back and it's a typical weekend at the lake with something going wrong!

One day, a friend of mine got fed up with my complaining about all my problems with the lake house, dock, boat, jet ski, 4 wheelers, etc. He literally punched me in the arm as hard as he could and said, "there, NOW you have something to whine about! You bought all this stuff and the more stuff you buy, the more problems you buy. Be thankful that you're fortunate enough to buy all these problems."

dhyams
05-20-2013, 03:14 PM
One day, a friend of mine got fed up with my complaining about all my problems with the lake house, dock, boat, jet ski, 4 wheelers, etc. He literally punched me in the arm as hard as he could and said, "there, NOW you have something to whine about! You bought all this stuff and the more stuff you buy, the more problems you buy. Be thankful that you're fortunate enough to buy all these problems."

Mo money mo problems!

Boatdrinks797
05-20-2013, 04:04 PM
You're absolutely right, but, it sure doesn't feel that way when the lift cable snaps at dusk right before a storm. We've been working on our cabin for the last couple years now and trying to make it as maintaince free as possible. Trying to redo all the bad ideas they had when it was built has been no easy task.