PDA

View Full Version : Boat cover

Gabbyg88
05-11-2013, 10:01 PM
Anyone have any recommendations on a new boat cover for 07 OBV. My boat does not stay in the water and only stays outside from mid May till October. I want something that will last at least 5 yrs. My budget is about $700. I was looking at Odyssey III or WeatherMAX fabric..

wolfeman131
05-11-2013, 10:19 PM
At that budget, there is nothing better than an Evolution cover.

http://www.evolutioncovers.com/

zabooda
05-12-2013, 12:46 PM
Top Gun fabric should last 15 years. They guarantee five years.

EricU
05-12-2013, 07:31 PM

Ditto on that! Give Cory a call, he is great to work with and will customize your cover if you want.

rsinger
05-12-2013, 07:45 PM

That's what I'm going with. Just need to line a bunch of purchases from the U.S. up, so I just need to make one trip south.

Gabbyg88
05-12-2013, 08:03 PM
I will be calling Evolution tomorrow. I called skiboatcovers.com and they seemed good. I just want to make sure I get the best cover for the money.

Gabbyg88
05-14-2013, 11:43 AM
I called Evolution about ordering a new cover yesterday. I really like the craftmanship and quatlity, cost a little higher then I want to spend but worth it for a 10 yr cover. The problem, there is a 6-8 week lead time.... YIKES!

mmandley
05-14-2013, 12:09 PM
I called Evolution about ordering a new cover yesterday. I really like the craftmanship and quatlity, cost a little higher then I want to spend but worth it for a 10 yr cover. The problem, there is a 6-8 week lead time.... YIKES!

That's because its the start of the season, and each cover is 100% hand made by Cory. His quality is second to none.
I've been waiting since March but that's also because mine is the first Mojo cover hes made, so it requires a lot more work.

Talking with Cory he said basically he makes 1 cover per day 7 days a week, once his calender fills for the year he stops taking orders for the year and pushes them to the next year.

I will say you wont be disappointed is you get his cover.

There is plenty of others out there that make excellent covers though.

motosno963
05-14-2013, 02:51 PM
That's because its the start of the season, and each cover is 100% hand made by Cory. His quality is second to none.
Talking with Cory he said basically he makes 1 cover per day 7 days a week, once his calender fills for the year he stops taking orders for the year and pushes them to the next year.

I will say you wont be disappointed is you get his cover.

.sounds like next winter i might have to buy one for my outback haha

rsinger
05-14-2013, 04:24 PM
The problem, there is a 6-8 week lead time.... YIKES!

I just sent him an email. Looks like you answered one of my questions.

maxpower220
05-15-2013, 07:45 AM
Since I started storing my boat on the lift, I had a snap on cover made to replace the factory 1 piece cover. I have been very happy with the work and quality of a local shop. It is custom fit, of good quality, and was well below your budget. Just a thought to support your local business (if you have one).

Plus, if you have a problem, it is easier to deal with local than to ship and play phone tag.

DDNorCal
05-16-2013, 01:02 AM
I also vote Evolution. It is as much art as cover. Fits perfectly and quality second to none. I have no regrets for the small wait or the money.