PDA

View Full Version : V2 Tower Additional Rack?

rca
05-08-2013, 10:00 PM
Anyone ever seen an option for additional storage for the V2 tower? I'm feeling a little limited these days and could use an additional rack or two for board storage. If you haven't seen one on my V2 the tower has a spot for 1 rack on each side.

Just wondering if anyone has tried anything.

Ron

wolfeman131
05-08-2013, 10:25 PM
You may want to look on the Malibu crew forum or search some on WakeWorld. I think Malibu called that tower their Illusion X. I haven't seen anything specificity for the Moomba V2.

rca
05-08-2013, 11:07 PM
Been doing a little searching this afternoon and I saw some that looked to have a second attachment point higher up close to the Bimini attachment point. Not much info though. I'll keep digging.

jmvotto
05-08-2013, 11:15 PM
Ron, I too looked for additional rack space on the v2 with no avail. While the towers are similar in looks, I believe they are different. The illusion x has 4 sets of wake rack holes, and holes for lights along the front swoop.
the v2 does not. It probably could be custom done with holes to fit new racks, the tower has the space, fied or swivel, but I am not brave enough to do that one.

with the additional of the Bimini two hole were drilled into the front bar for supports.

let me know what you find. I recently added a wide surf 4" forks to my port side rack, but had to change out the oem forks, they are dipped and came from menace through bakesonline.

KG's Supra24
05-08-2013, 11:17 PM
Could surf pockets be an option? Seems popular in the tige world. Not sure if the bimini shape is right?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

motosno963
05-08-2013, 11:18 PM
what about the bimini with storage on top?
http://shop.monstertower.com/p-103-cargo-rack-bimini.aspx

jmvotto
05-08-2013, 11:34 PM
Could surf pockets be an option? Seems popular in the tige world. Not sure if the bimini shape is right?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
That could be a cool option if the Bimini is big enough.

rca
05-09-2013, 12:53 AM
Cargo bimini would be nice but I'm not sure how it would work. The V2 tower cross bars are used as part of the structure for the bimini so the cloth just sits right on top of it. I need to go sit in the boat and stare at it for a while and see what I can dream up.

jmvotto
05-09-2013, 11:58 AM
Ron, in this link to the Samson spinning racks on the illusion X you can see the different sets of holes. http://www.bakesonline.com/detail.aspx?ID=1688