PDA

View Full Version : Weather Depression

jmb
05-03-2013, 03:35 PM
Depression has now set in. Another weekend down the tubes for weather. Now the boss says I have to work tomorrow so how about some salt in the wound. Going home and uncover the boat, sit on the back seat and drink a few cold Amber Bocks. I should GoPro this session. Hope somebody else has better weather for their weekend. I'll be working on a 600 degree die tomorrow. Guess I'll be warm.

blackout_58
05-03-2013, 03:42 PM
I feel your pain, the wife and I had intended on taking the boat out for its maiden voyage tomorrow, but with it being down to 38 degrees tonight......nope. Atleast next week when we take vacation the weather will be warmer in mexico. Memphis Musicfest starts tonight which would have been fun to attend, but not when it has been raining for 14hrs straight and cold. I think I may just sit on the porch and have a beer while looking at my boat under its rain tarp.

kaneboats
05-03-2013, 03:44 PM
If weather is crap you may as well be making gas money. I'm going to cook all day for my "cinco de mayo eve" party. High of 67 with thunderstorms all day. Maybe I'll be bored enough to post a pic of the spread.

bergermaister
05-03-2013, 03:51 PM
Wow - this one of those very rare occasions where we could gloat about the weather in the PNW... But we're not like that up here. So you probably don't want to hear about our mid to upper 80's weekend, or the lack of wind. I mean the water is clear and clean and there's very few people out this early in the season and gas prices are down a little, but who wants all that?

Hoopskier
05-03-2013, 03:52 PM
Alittle bummed out here too. Going through another stretch of rain and temps near freezing with snow in some areas. The boat is still sitting in winter storage. For now its winter coats and hats. 70 and some sun can put a smile on a guys face.

kaneboats
05-03-2013, 04:58 PM
Berg, it's going to be 84 on Wed. and probably won't go below highs of 78 for the next 6 months. Enjoy your one nice day. We don't need to be jealous.

bergermaister
05-03-2013, 05:12 PM
There goes that one fleeting moment of glory... LOL That was more directed to my other northern friends who aren't enjoying our current forecast. I know you southern boys live in a constant paradise though!

bbuhtz
05-03-2013, 05:17 PM
There goes that one fleeting moment of glory... LOL That was more directed to my other northern friends who aren't enjoying our current forecast. I know you southern boys live in a constant paradise though!

This weekend will be the earliest my boat has seen the water since I've owned her!

E4NASH
05-03-2013, 05:24 PM
I feel your pain, the wife and I had intended on taking the boat out for its maiden voyage tomorrow, but with it being down to 38 degrees tonight......nope. Atleast next week when we take vacation the weather will be warmer in mexico. Memphis Musicfest starts tonight which would have been fun to attend, but not when it has been raining for 14hrs straight and cold. I think I may just sit on the porch and have a beer while looking at my boat under its rain tarp.

I used to live in Memphis and it ALWAYS rains during Musicfest....Memphis In MUD!

tgoody14
05-03-2013, 05:41 PM
I used to live in Memphis and it ALWAYS rains during Musicfest....Memphis In MUD!

x2... Used to live 45 mins from Memphrica!!! Memphis in May has never seen a dry day in its LIFE!!!! It's crazy

E4NASH
05-03-2013, 05:48 PM
x2... Used to live 45 mins from Memphrica!!! Memphis in May has never seen a dry day in its LIFE!!!! It's crazy

No Doubt!

I am so glad I got out of that place!!

Ian Brantford
05-03-2013, 07:30 PM
If weather is crap you may as well be making gas money.

+1. Trade it for a day with better weather. Preferably use a weekday when the lake isn't crowded.

jmb
05-03-2013, 08:45 PM
That's what I need to do. Try to trade a day. Sat in the boat for a bit and drank Michelobs. PNW has it going on this weekend but I lived up there and that gets short lived. I got 9 months last year so won't complain to much. Just getting agitated

deerfield
05-03-2013, 09:07 PM
Tomorrow's forecast for Richmond is mid-60s and partly sunny. This, in my view, qualifies as boating weather. I will be on Lake Anna, tooling around in my Outback, exploring my new playground. Thankfully my boat has a heater to keep my bare feet toasty warm.

Bama Dude
05-04-2013, 12:01 AM
I feel your pain Jack. Workin all night in the cold and the rain in Bessemer and board out of my mind. At least I have the forum to keep me entertained.
Roll Tide

mmandley
05-04-2013, 09:01 AM
Its been hell at work this week, everyday is sunny and warm, yesterday i spent the better part of 3 hours in a Level 3 chemical suit offloading a chemical semi.

http://www.directindustry.com/industrial-manufacturer/protective-suit-74054.html

I feel very blessed this year in the fact we have already put nearly 10 hours on the new boat surfing and dialing her in.
Last time we where on the water this early in the season was when we got Fierah in 09.

Water temp at Hagg was 65 yesterday according to Millerdad and thats straight up June water LOL.

I feel your pain southern guys as you get crapy weather and have to work, but normally its us PNW boys in a slump working all week watching the weather get nicer and then Saturday it goes to hell. LOL.

I'm working all day today, be in a chemical suit again offloading 96& Sulfuric Acid, but then i plan to spend some quality time pressure washing the chemical pit HAHA at least I'm in the sun and playing with water right? LOL

Claudia is a real trooper, she worked 10 hours yesterday, came home at 6pm slept till 930 went back to work from 11pm to 6am so she could have Sunday and Monday off with the great weather we are having.

brad460
05-04-2013, 09:31 AM
we do a lot of boating in WI (Minocqua and Eagle River) by my in-laws and the lakes are still froze over...froze over for opening day of fishing!

New Guy
05-04-2013, 11:08 AM
I hear you Brad and Hoop this is terrible in Wisconsin. Man i love this state but this has to end soon. In northern Wisconsin they are still driving trucks on the lakes ice fishing.

jmb
05-04-2013, 09:06 PM
I feel your pain Jack. Workin all night in the cold and the rain in Bessemer and board out of my mind. At least I have the forum to keep me entertained.
Roll Tide

You are fairly close by. Never been to Lay Lake. Made it through work today. Stayed sunny all day so tha p!@#$#ses me off. Could have at least went for a ride today.