PDA

View Full Version : Trailer springs?

gmg
05-02-2013, 05:01 PM
By the looks of pictures the trailers look to be going back to the springs. I sure like the torsion set up, probably to save costs?

mmandley
05-02-2013, 05:09 PM
By the looks of pictures the trailers look to be going back to the springs. I sure like the torsion set up, probably to save costs?

The torsion is an option now or has always been. I have springs on the Mojo.
I had torsions on the LSV.

So fare i really prefer the springs on my Mojo, the trailer bounces a lot less, the tires are flexing less and the boat just seems to pull much easier, less jerking.

Down side is the trailer sits higher, and it squeeks more when your going slow.

wolfeman131
05-02-2013, 06:19 PM
it squeeks more when your going slow.

Ha! I think this is Moombadaze's only complaint with his new LSV and he lives 3 min from the ramp! Says it drives him nuts.

Torsion are an option as Mike said.

mmandley
05-02-2013, 10:14 PM
Ha! I think this is Moombadaze's only complaint with his new LSV and he lives 3 min from the ramp! Says it drives him nuts.

Torsion are an option as Mike said.

Lucky i only hear then when backing down the ramp, I might try some WD40 on the end bolts, see if it helps but other wise I do like them. I actually thought they were the upgrade till i looked it up because the boat rides so much smoother. It actually acts like it has a suspension LOL.

Long term, i cant say id i will still like them or not.

I never had an issue with the torsions and other then the bouncing over the bumps i never noticed them.

bergermaister
05-03-2013, 09:52 AM
Give it a few years and they won't squeak anymore I betcha. Only time I get a squeek out of my old schooler is when I go over speed bumps.

ian ashton
05-04-2013, 02:27 PM
Mine hasn't started squeeking at all - knock on wood! I do find it a little annoying that the leafs are lime green, instead of black but that's easy enough to fix.

mmandley
05-04-2013, 08:40 PM
Mine hasn't started squeeking at all - knock on wood! I do find it a little annoying that the leafs are lime green, instead of black but that's easy enough to fix.

Mine are grey to match the trailer as well, i think they spray the trailer fully assembled just with no wheels.

NCSUmoomba
05-06-2013, 06:15 PM
Wow, I didn't know that the torsion axles were an option. What are the pros and cons of both setups? With all the torsion axles failure that seem to happen, one would think mire folks would choose leaf springs.

gmg
05-07-2013, 08:46 AM
On our rough roads up here in ND the torsions are a way better option I feal as the boat doesnt bounce around as bad. I have had a sprung leaf spring on our old boat trailer and you could actually see the wheal leave the pavement quite a bit with the leafs and not with the torsions.

moombadaze
05-09-2013, 08:38 PM
in 08, torsions were standard, now there optional to help keep cost down

gmg
05-10-2013, 06:35 PM
Sorry about the spelling in previous post, I dont blame them for trying to hold cost down. If the roads did not have all the frost boils, broken pavement ect. I would not have even noticed.
Im still going to be waiting another couple weeks to get our 06 moomba lsv out that we purchaced last fall as the ice is still on the lake, YUK