PDA

View Full Version : Washington DC Wakeboarding team

djiali
01-07-2006, 10:58 AM
Hello moomba forums.
We've just lauched the website for our wakeboarding team. http://www.dcwake.com

The Washington DC Area is severly lacking in the team aspect of wakeboarding...there are a few boats with riders out there, but you don't get the community feeling like you would in some of the larger wakeboarding areas.

In any event, the reason why I'm posting here in the Moomba forums is because our boat is a moomba. Specifically, a 1999 outback DD.

So if you're from or around the Washington DC area and you would like a pull, come visit or email [email protected].

Thanks!
Djiali

stang67
01-08-2006, 09:32 PM
DC is real close. I live in Annapolis, MD, but during school i live down in college park maryland, very close to DC. We normally ride up near baltimore or annapolis with an 03 outback weighted down. So if anyone is up to ride in annapolis, md hit me up

Eric- Annapolis, MD

Rugburn
01-09-2006, 10:53 PM
You can add me to the list, Madison Wisconsin, but at the moment we would be dodging the ice fisherman, so wait until April for that pull.

Its been above freezing for almost 2 weeks now, and I think I see open water waaaay out in the middle. MAN I want spring.

EUSTACE
01-10-2006, 10:04 AM
Djiali,
Attached is a link to some of us who ride in Eastern PA & New Jersey. We are in planning stages of a group get together sometime in early June.

http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/1/222403.html?1136871419

Best regards, E

doug0446
01-28-2006, 03:02 PM
I come to DC for work a lot. I live in KC and have a XLV05. When the water warms up a little, I hope to join you in DC. If anyone wants a pull in KC, let me know.

Also, I got interested in wake surfing. IT is a lot of fun when the water is rough.

pjtatro
02-01-2006, 03:01 PM
Count me in, Richmond VA.

As far as the DC team goes, there is a pretty big scene at Lake Anna (a lot of people form the DC area). We hit Anna, Gaston, Buggs and the Mattaponi River (pure butta)

Pete

Buttafewcoe
02-01-2006, 03:26 PM
Pure Butta?!?.......I resemble that remark.
Butta

djiali
02-09-2006, 07:22 AM
Doug, happy to give you a pull when you're in town. Once we warm up, check dcwake.com for ride schedules and such.

stang, we've got a couple people looking for a ride in your area when the weather gets better, can I convince you to sign up at dcwake and share your boat?

pjtatro, since you live in richmond you're familiar with 95 traffic...anna might as well be in a different state when it take 3 hours to get down there. Not to say that we're not down there all the time :)

eustace, I'll watch the thread, maybe time for a trip north.

stang67
02-09-2006, 08:49 AM
yeah i was lurking around DC wake. But later today when i get back from school i'll get that done.

pjtatro
02-10-2006, 12:25 AM
Djiali - I lived in the Alexandria area for 10 years, it is a zoo, that is why I moved to Richmond.