PDA

View Full Version : Misting system using shower pump

moombahighrider
04-29-2013, 04:01 PM
Anyone tried this?

I figure everything is there and it's just a bit of hose and nozzles.

What should I be concerned with?

04OUTBACK
05-01-2013, 08:30 AM
I was at Jazz Fest in New Orleans this weekend and they had misting tents.. thought about the same idea..
First concern.. Dirty water spray on your seats/interior..
Only issue I could think of, unless the pump would burn up if not properly controlled (too much pressure.)

Sounds great during heat.. but heck your in Colorado.. isn't it snowing there today?

kaneboats
05-01-2013, 08:47 AM
You could probably integrate some kind of a filter that would remove 98% of the dirt in the water.

04OUTBACK
05-01-2013, 08:48 AM
Kane's thinking this am :-). 2 cups coffee already?

moombahighrider
05-01-2013, 10:52 AM
Sounds great during heat.. but heck your in Colorado.. isn't it snowing there today?

You make a good point, however I'm in Phoenix right now and it's HOT here this week (we are thankful to be missing the CO weather right now). We walked through some misting systems the other evening and it was nice...

I looked into the price of the kit and cannot justify $300 plus, as it would seldom get used. We do a handful of trips to Powell every year, so I was thinking of having a quick connect option that I could pull out and clip to the tower when we wanted it.

I had not thought of the dirty water on the interior, but that is not too much of an issue in the waters I boat in.

Kane, the filter is a great idea. I already have a filter on my fresh water intake but I would need to figure out a smaller micron option specifically for the misting system, maybe.

The pump for the shower system should be fine, I think, as it is designed to kick on and off automatically by sensing pressure. I just need help with the best way to plumb it- it's probably not difficult, but I have not messed with the misting product before (correct nozzles, type of tube, fittings, etc).

parrothd
05-01-2013, 11:23 AM
My shower nozzle has 3 or 4 settings one of which makes a mist..

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

kaneboats
05-01-2013, 11:33 AM
Kane's thinking this am :-). 2 cups coffee already?

I had only one at that point. Maybe it's just the May Day thing. I have my blood flowing in anticipation of Cinco de Mayo!!!!!!!!!!! Bueno!