PDA

View Full Version : Swim step pad leaving black residue (help wanted)

jsly04XLV
04-29-2013, 11:52 AM
The boats a 2004 XLV and the swim step pad seems to be breaking down. At least that is what I think is happening. No matter how much I clean it, once we hit the water it leaves a black residue on your feet and hands. This is not cool for the white interior. Anybody found a way to stop this or has had this problem? If I have to buy a seadek pad I will but at the moment it doesn't look bad, it just is acting bad. Thanks in advance.

lewisb13
04-29-2013, 12:09 PM
The only way is to get a seadeck swim pad. All of us that had this black pad had this problem. Its a bummer.

wolfeman131
04-29-2013, 12:31 PM
Seadek isn't the only way. . .

It's a good way, but you can buy products as good as, or better, in sheets and DIY as e4nash and others have done. Options include Gator Grip and Agenda

http://agendasurf.com/dir/index.php/

lewisb13
04-29-2013, 01:18 PM
Sorry I didnt necessarily mean seadeck specifically. What I meant to say was youll have to remove the black pad and go with something else.

Riding23
04-29-2013, 01:24 PM
I have the same problem, people go out, come back in and usually get an earfull from me about how they got my interior dirty lol finally realized it wasn't their fault! I am going to have to order something as well because there is no fixing it! or BETTER YET buy the new surf platform for the Mojo!

jsly04XLV
04-29-2013, 02:26 PM
Thanks for the input. Kinda what I figured but thought it was worth the shot.

BobP
04-29-2013, 03:24 PM
As others have mentioned, a lot of us had the same problem. We went with a SeaDek pad as I know my cutting and finishing skills would result in a crappy install that would tick me off every time I looked at it. Others have done great jobs doing it themselves. Hydro-turf, gator grip, and even the SeaDek material (I think Overton's sells it) comes in sheets large enough to cover the platform in one piece.

kaneboats
04-29-2013, 03:35 PM
On my Outback I made a pattern and used it to cut gator grip with scissors. It looked pretty dang good. Ordered the SeaDek pad for the LSV. Love it.