PDA

View Full Version : Best cleaning products ?

wakeboy
04-26-2013, 09:46 AM
let us know what are you using..

inside (cushions) : 303 aerospace protectant

Hull cleaning : Aurora boat scrub

Boat waxing: Turtle wax wet n dry

davlow06
04-26-2013, 09:52 AM
let us know what are you using..

inside (cushions) : 303 aerospace protectant

Hull cleaning : Aurora boat scrub

Boat waxing: Turtle wax wet n dry

Does the Aurora boat scrub remove the water ring from the hull pretty good? The lake I go to always leaves a dirty ring around it when left in the water over a weekend, or even just overnight. Regular scrubbing doesn't take it off. I usually find some hull cleaner from walmart, but it's so harsh. Have you use gloves and still scrub the hull.

wakeboy
04-26-2013, 09:57 AM
Does the Aurora boat scrub remove the water ring from the hull pretty good? The lake I go to always leaves a dirty ring around it when left in the water over a weekend, or even just overnight. Regular scrubbing doesn't take it off. I usually find some hull cleaner from walmart, but it's so harsh. Have you use gloves and still scrub the hull.

yes this is by far the best one I tried in a long time

more $ but very good

sgoyal
04-26-2013, 10:23 AM
Inside : I use Mequiars Vinyl Cleaner and 303 protectant (I just ordered Vinyl sauce and haven't tried it yet)

eblom
04-26-2013, 10:33 AM
I am a big fan of Boat Bling Hot Sauce for the hull...

For the vinyl Boat Bling Vinyl Sauce followed by 303. I was amazed how well the Vinyl Sauce worked

sgoyal
04-26-2013, 10:40 AM
I am a big fan of Boat Bling Hot Sauce for the hull...

For the vinyl Boat Bling Vinyl Sauce followed by 303. I was amazed how well the Vinyl Sauce worked

I bought Hot Sauce too.. Glad to keep hearing good review on it.

smorris7
04-26-2013, 11:08 AM
Babe's Seat Soap
Babe's Seat Saver
Babe's Boat Brite

This stuff is great. Smells great to!:)

ian ashton
04-26-2013, 12:03 PM
Interior;
Malco or TotallyAwesome cleaner
303 protectant

Exterior;
When I do a full cleaning I use white vinegar, then re-wax. I don't have a particular favorite wax

I want to find a good spray wax to keep the boat fresh after a day on the water.

mmandley
04-26-2013, 12:16 PM
Interior;
303 protectant

Exterior;
When I do a full cleaning I use white vinegar, then re-wax. I don't have a particular favorite wax

I want to find a good spray wax to keep the boat fresh after a day on the water.

I use the exact same stuff as you Ian, and on the Mojo i have been using McGuires Spray on wax after the boat comes out of the water and no water spots yet. It smells great as your doing it also.

I also spray distilled white venegar / water 50% in the engine bay carpet, and under my IBS bag. This keeps it from Molding during our season.

Even 3 weeks in the garage with air flow my boat carpet is still damp from the last outting. Only way my interior dries out is leave the boat outside or use fans.

kaneboats
04-26-2013, 12:28 PM
I put mine in the 100 degree garage with two fans running and it's dry the next day.

volfo
04-26-2013, 12:33 PM
I have previously used babes on the vinyl of my old Moomba LS. I liked the way it smelled and it gave a little bit of a supple look to my old vinyl, but it didn't seem to clean very well. For anything resembling anything close to a tough stain, I had to get stronger cleaner. I also used it last fall on the brand new boat but other than the smell and again maybe making the vinyl temporarily look just a little more supple, it was hard to tell I'd even put it down. Of course there wasn't much dirty on it yet.

I just ordered a huge order of boat bling stuff. I will be picking the new boat up from the dealer on May 10 (winterization / storage / stereo work) and will report back on my experience with the boat bling. I got hte vinyl sauce, the quickie sauce, all of it. 4 different products.

As far as waxing, I used a 3M marine wax on my old boat previously with a 10 inch random orbital buffer for the outside and good old elbow grease for hte top deck. I applied once or twice a year depending on use and sun exposure. It did just fine and looked good.

sgoyal
04-26-2013, 02:24 PM
Interior;
303 protectant

Exterior;

I never experiment with vinegar (water mix). I guess, there's always first time for everything LOL

mmandley
04-26-2013, 02:41 PM
I never experiment with vinegar (water mix). I guess, there's always first time for everything LOL

This is good remove wax and any build up, also the stronger it is the more water spots it will remove just by whiping it down. You do have to deal with the smell.

I use it on the carpets in the engine area and IBS because it stops all mold growth, also when its stored over the winter it prevents spiders from nesting in the boat as well. It only smells for a few hours then only the critters can smell it.

sgoyal
04-26-2013, 03:14 PM
This is good remove wax and any build up, also the stronger it is the more water spots it will remove just by whiping it down. You do have to deal with the smell.

I use it on the carpets in the engine area and IBS because it stops all mold growth, also when its stored over the winter it prevents spiders from nesting in the boat as well. It only smells for a few hours then only the critters can smell it.

Thanks a lot mmandley.

sandm
04-26-2013, 04:43 PM
I second all the opinions on babes. smells yummy when going on, but doesn't really seem to "clean" stains. malco for cleaning then babes to treat it again. kept the seats in the supra looking brand new the day I sold it..

I have read that meguires for boats is the best wax out there and to stay away from regular auto waxes.

Cigars n scotch
04-26-2013, 07:02 PM
Boat Bling, it's a good product. No complaints.

rca
04-26-2013, 07:19 PM
I've been using the Boat Bling products and really like them. I've got the Hot, Vinyl and Condition Sauce.

I also just tried a product today that worked great on my brown water and rust stains called Slimy Grimy. It seems to work like the toilet bowl cleaners but it is not harsh. No gloves required, no stinging fumes and it cleared the water stains right up. They claim it is mot acidic and is safe for the environment. I'll definitely be using again.

mmandley
04-27-2013, 09:06 AM
Anyone got ideas for Blood? I think i got a small spot on the inside of the seat where it meets up with another seat. Pretty sure it was from the stereo install and some of the cuts i incurred from the fiberglass and such.

I tried my Malco, and Totally Awesome.

Cant see it unless you pull the seat out but don't really want to take and eraser to it, and would like to get it off the white.

eblom
04-27-2013, 12:19 PM
Try cleaning it off with a little hydrogen peroxide....

E4NASH
04-27-2013, 12:25 PM
Babe's Seat Soap
Babe's Seat Saver
Babe's Boat Brite

This stuff is great. Smells great to!:)

All of the above

treverspence
04-27-2013, 01:38 PM
Magic eraser will remove the ring around the hull with no scrubbing just wipe it off.

bkearney
04-27-2013, 05:56 PM
Hull Cleaner: Sea Sense
Seats: 303
Polish/Wax: Maquiers