PDA

View Full Version : After Christmas Insanity

smokedog2
01-05-2006, 03:00 PM
I have learned how to use e-bay. Someone take my computer.

I was HIGH BIDDER! on an 05 Science Board. I went to buywake.com looking at Lifejacket sales. I bought 5. I needed to talk about the details and well, I bought these new 06 CWB boots that clap to the board, you can take them off the board, put them on then attach on the board. Way cool I think. I was looking for 05 Alpha’s.

Once I get them I’ll report but I suspect they will be very popular with us older folks.

I was initially looking for a good kid’s board (really – shut up Ed). Right now the leading contender is a Hyperlite ERA 124 for a 10 year old 100 lb boy. Anyone have a good second choice? They are no longer being made. E-bay is near $200, I’d like to do a little better.

SC - where is the skiing kangaroo for my Suburban!

Just license someone else to do it if you don’t want the hassle. Check out the Lund Boat sales catalog. They have got to be making money.

SD2

qb12
01-05-2006, 03:35 PM
Smokedog, I understand the whole ebay thing. Before my trip to Colorado over Christmas I accidentally bought a new pair of Atomic Skis. Now I have 4 pairs of snow skis and I only ski about 20 days a year.

In regards to the board for your son, how old is he. I bought my son (age 12) a Hyperlite State 125. My main reason was I wanted to get him a board that he could use for a few years and not outgrow so quick.

Yellowmobius
01-05-2006, 03:55 PM
Myself and most of the guys I ride with really like the LF Transit bindings.

Gharvin
01-05-2006, 04:10 PM
SD,
I have a pair of xl alphas that were used about 10 times that I want to get rid of if you want them, $150 or best offer.

silverski
01-06-2006, 11:04 AM
Interested to see someone talking about E-bay for equipment. I'm in a position after buying a new boat last year to update my equipment and start to fill in some kids/wife stuff. I have never bought anything on E-bay but have looked some. I am surprised that there is not much decent used stuff on the site, mostly all new.

I am looking for a jr. board for my son (8) and hoping it would be something that he could grow into and my wife could give it a try on. She is petite and would need a small board. I also would like to get a set of decent Jr. combo ski's. I thought the site would be flooded with good used options on this site, but I haven't seen much. Anyone else have better luck?

qb12
01-06-2006, 11:06 AM
Silverski, U might want to look at wakeworld under the classifieds for a smaller board. You can get pretty good pricing.

Yellowmobius
01-06-2006, 11:54 AM
Buywake.com has some good package deals 2004, 2005 models for decent prices.