PDA

View Full Version : Need help

Sharpshooter
04-22-2013, 07:57 PM
Iam new to this kind of boat(2006 outback my first direct drive) can someone please explain how to grease my rudder and steering cable,and also what are some pros and cons of my prop 13x11.5 acme 3 blade.What kind of rpm range to stay in and top speeds for this setup,Thanks:confused:

lewisb13
04-22-2013, 08:03 PM
Your steering cable cannot be lubricated. However some will chime in here and talk about drilling holes in the tube and jury rigging a way to lubricate it. The rudder has a grease fitting on the inside of the boat where it comes through the hull.

Sharpshooter
04-22-2013, 08:25 PM
Your steering cable cannot be lubricated. However some will chime in here and talk about drilling holes in the tube and jury rigging a way to lubricate it. The rudder has a grease fitting on the inside of the boat where it comes through the hull.
So does that mean I have to take up the floor between the engine cover and rear seat to access the fitting

jmb
04-22-2013, 08:42 PM
You can open up the Gull Wings in back and unscrew the floor out in there and then you will see the grease fitting through the gas tank. Doesn't really take long at all!

Sharpshooter
04-22-2013, 08:47 PM
You can open up the Gull Wings in back and unscrew the floor out in there and then you will see the grease fitting through the gas tank. Doesn't really take long at all!
Great sounds better than opening up the floor

Mikey
04-22-2013, 09:17 PM
Opening up the floor is really quite simple as well ,just 4 screws hidden in the carpet , behind the motor clamshell.

Mikey
04-22-2013, 09:19 PM
You can take the floor out to change trans fluid and check dripless/ non dripless water seals and mufflers etc all at the same time as well....

kaneboats
04-22-2013, 11:13 PM
Definitely worth learning how to take up the floor. Should be giving everything under there at least an annual inspection anyway.

viking
04-22-2013, 11:25 PM
hardest part about taking up the floor is finding the screws hiding out in the carpet :)