PDA

View Full Version : Vibration

Sharpshooter
04-21-2013, 07:47 PM
I just recently purchased my first direct drive boat (06 moomba outback),my question is what would cause a vibration and noise in the steering console area. I looked and could not feel anything loose,thanks

maxpower220
04-21-2013, 08:24 PM
When does it do it? At speed, all of the time??? What noise, popping, cracking, etc: More info is needed.

Could be an issue with the prop, could be a rudder box, could be a steering box. Hard to say with limited info.

Sharpshooter
04-21-2013, 09:22 PM
More rattling at speeds, it stops sometimes depending on where the steering wheel is turned, it seems like it might be in the steering, but it steers fine and I cannot find anything loose, but it seems to be coming through the steering into the console, if that makes any since

Suprahunter
04-21-2013, 11:54 PM
Have the prop checked . You probably have one of the blades bent.

kaneboats
04-22-2013, 10:32 AM
You may have to grease your rudder linkage. On my Outback I could pull the cover plate and put grease in the zerk right at the top (side) of the rudder. It would smooth everything out.

papou
04-22-2013, 05:50 PM
my outback did that especially when accelerating from a tern, seemed to do it only when rudder was turned when power is applied .Greasing ruder will remove most of the vibes going to the steering wheel you may want to check your rudder bushings while your there.