PDA

View Full Version : Tower Bimini Brackets

AZ_Calling
01-03-2006, 03:55 PM
Has anyone had problems with the plastic pieces on the bimini breaking?

First the plastic piece broke off the end of the bimini. After I fixed that the plasic piece on the the tower that holds the bimini broke. The Bimini must not be fitting correctly which is causing a lot of tension on these brackets. Wondering if other people have the same problem and how they got around it.

It looks like the 06 models use a bracket that goes around the tower to hold the bimini. Does this seem to work well on the 06s? Maybe I can order one of these tower brackets to go on the older tower (03).

JoeTechie
01-04-2006, 01:23 PM
You can replace the plastic with Stainless hardware. Much stronger.

www.cabelas.com (http://www.cabelas.com/products/Cpod0001799.jsp)

Joe

Buttafewcoe
01-04-2006, 02:24 PM
I broke the plastic ones on my old run-a-bout a few years back. But, being employed in a machine shop, I was able to fabricate a couple new ones out of aluminum. I see the old ride every once in a while. The brackets are still in service and still look good. But I would have to agree with Ed. Much eaiser to replace plastic. Those things can't be more than a few bucks apiece.
Hope this helps
B

JoeTechie
01-05-2006, 04:10 AM
Ed,

I'm not quite sure what you do to your Bimini bud. ;)

I've had 3 boats, and grown up w/ many family boats and all had Stainless hardware and none ever popped a single screw through the gel coat. I've run in pretty rough pounding surf in the gulfstream, and have people hanging on the back bow sometimes to keep their balance... still never cracked, broken or damaged anything.

Plastic (actually nylon in this case I believe) sucks. Plain and simple.

If the particular install is taking a beating side to side, then they sell hinge mounts that flex... yes, they have them in SS. :)

I also think this is a tower mount so no glass involved.

-Joe