PDA

View Full Version : Maintenance recommendations for interior/exterior

mattulrich
05-04-2003, 02:05 PM
Previous post didnt work...

Just bought a 2000 Mobius V. Does anyone have recommendations of wax to use for the exterior? How about cleaner and protectant for the interior?

Thanks!

krit
05-20-2003, 03:38 PM
test

05-20-2003, 03:39 PM
I use Fantastik (found at grocery stores) on the vinyl for basic cleaning. Did use Meguire's but didn't think it was that great. Then I use vinegar/water mix to clean the outside. After its clean I put 303 protectant on to "sunscreen" the boat.

05-20-2003, 03:41 PM
just posted this but it didn't seem to work:

Fantastik on the vinyl
vinegar/water mix on hull (where water hits it)
303 protectant afterwards to 'sunscreen' it

noneya
05-20-2003, 04:05 PM
Meguires has a bunch of awesome products for hull cleaning / waxing. We use simple green for the vinyl. Lysol scrubbing bubbles carpet cleaner for the carpet.

moombamania
05-20-2003, 04:21 PM
We have always used 303 vinyl protectant after a good cleaning with soap and water. We get our 303 from our dealer, but have seen it in Auto & Galyans.

Our fiberglass gets TreeWax, this contains a beeswax component and have never had a slicker finish stay on as long as this product does. Stands up to UV and wipe downs very well.

I love having people ask us if our Moomba girl is new (she does show some pride)

krit
06-18-2003, 04:13 PM
I use a 50/50 mix of vinegar water on the boat as soon as we take it out of the water. So how often should I be waxing the boat??

waterboy
06-18-2003, 04:24 PM
I usually wax mine every 2 months, when the washmitt doesn't slides as easily across the gelcoat. I've found that waxing it in stages makes it easier to keep the whole thing (except the very bottom of the hull) waxed. One day I'll do the top half of the boat, another day I'll do the hull. I've even done the trailer a couple of times, and it makes a difference.

Brian

TheBeeZ
06-19-2003, 09:56 AM
I clean my outback with a treewax fiberglass cleaner and then wax it with treewax wax. It puts a great finish on the boat that holds up for a long time. You can get both products at www.c-mesales.com. The interior I usually clean with soapy water. I also wax my boat every 2 to 3 months.